“Intimate Italian Eatery”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,422 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Eden, North Carolina
“Intimate Italian Eatery”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

After some recommendation from Trip Advisor, I decided to try Mannino's Italian Bistro while visiting the VA Beach area. I was pleasantly surprised with this neat little bistro. I'd definitely want to be brought here with a date next time, although they have larger tables for larger family type groups. The deco and ambiance was very chic and city style. The place was dimly lit with candles at each table but not the old vino bottle candle...to go along with the chic citystyle simplicity , there were little votive type candle holders at each table. The staff were very courteous and professional and on top of everything. I ordered the Creamy Crab and Marsala soup for an appetizer and I must say it was delicious!! The waitress even said it was award winning. My entree' was the Vitello Parmigiana with Spaghetti. The dish was very tasty although I did feel they went a bit heavy on the sauce. The bread and olive oil and balsamic vinegar were very nice too. I would love to visit again sometime if I am in the area and try another dish.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Lovesgrace

“Strip mall bistro: crappy atmosphere, delicious food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Made a Rez via Open Table. Heard good things. Arrived to the strip mall, across from a car wash. Not impressed. Walked in to find a strip mall restaurant atmosphere, definitely middle america with Kenny G on the stereo. Hostess tried to seat us at terrible little table tucked away in a claustrophobic corner. We refused and sat at the bar. Not the way to begin. Food was great. Atmosphere not so much. Need both. Disappointed. Might come back but there are better options, so probably not. Aldos comes to mind. Improve atmosphere and get rid of that table.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best kept secret!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Hidden away in a strip mall in an area where it is easy to miss...but it one that should not be missed! Their crab soup is the best around. The staff is always very friendly and very accommodating!!

• Visited May 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food, great service, not disappointed.”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

First time at Mannino's and it won't be my last. I hosted a family dinner there and our server, Jenn, took great care of us. The sommelier helped guide me to a great bottle of wine in my price range, and it seemed like everyone on the staff helped out in one way or another, whether delivering food, clearing plates, or picking up the broken dish my niece dropped. Although we were there on a week night so the restaurant wasn't packed, I didn't think the decor or ambiance was lacking. I'm assuming other posters who wanted "private" tables are looking for those booths where you can draw the curtains. They def. do not have those here but I liked the openness of it, as it reminds me more of the restaurants I ate in during my trip to Italy. Fried green tomatoes appetizer was my favorite, and I loved the cheesecake for dessert. Our entrees were mainly the nights specials, a steak dish, and a sausage ravioli dish, both delicious, my brother in law got lasagna and although I made fun of him at first, I tasted it and was impressed! I appreciated the care they took in wrapping up my leftovers too. It's the little things that count! We will be back.

• Visited June 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
“My very favorite Italian restaurant in all of Hampton Roads.”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Mannino's makes their own fresh mozzarella and grows their own herbs. We also recently used their catering services and our guests have still not stopped talking about their amazing lasagna and chicken parmesan. My favorite is their Pollo Francese ...but a must-have starter is their fried green tomatoes appetizer.

• Visited June 2011