We overall had a very good time. The good: On the beach, excellent view, clean & quiet rooms, wide selection variety for breakfast, and the staff was generally helpful. The bad: A false security/fire alarm was triggered 2:30 in the morning during our stay. I would have rated the Sleep Quality higher if this did not occur. I did see multiple security trucks at the hotel the next day, so at least the hotel was proactive at investigating the false alarm to the system. I understand basic economics (Supply vs. Demand) but unless I feel I am getting a really good deal on the cost, I rate this an average value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South is one of the few oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach located directly on the boardwalk. Right outside our doors, you'll find the sandy shores of the beach, bicycle rentals, and beautiful scenery. We are attached to the 11th Street Taphouse so stop in for a bite and a drink after a day in the sun. Every room in our hotel has an ocean view so you will never miss a sunset or sunrise from your balcony. Enjoy free hot breakfast with Hampton's signature waffles and oatmeal every morning plus free wireless internet to keep you connected. Our guest and accessible rooms have the comforts of home with the clean and fresh Hampton bed plus a refrigerator and microwave. As always, your stay with us is backed by the 100% Hampton guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Hampton Inn