“MARVELOUS!!!”

Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Canton, Michigan
“MARVELOUS!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

after reading reviews from other hotels, I checked out Hampton Inn, and I know that this hotel is affordable and very clean. I was very impressed, clean, cozy, and staff very friendly. Definetly would stay here again. Hats off to Hampton Inn Oceanfront-South, Virginia Beach had beautiful view of ocean and beach. LOVED IT!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable,the staff was very helpful ,especially Toni. The breakfast was great, if they ran out of an item, they replaced it when you asked. Very pleasant experience would stay there again and visit other Hampton Inns

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hampton1011, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
I pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary “On The House” breakfast. I will pass your comments on to Toni and the Breakfast crew. They work hard to ensure we keep everything stocked and ready for the many guests each morning.
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent the second half of our weekend here, after a horrible experience at the hotel we originally booked for the weekend. The staff was incredibly friendly and accomodating. In fact, when we checked in we thanked the front desk for having a room available since we needed to get out of our current location. Bambi was so sweet that I think her exact words might have been 'oh, you don't need this room, let's see what we can do.' She told us we wouldn't be disappointed in our room, we definitely weren't when we found out we had been upgraded to a suite! An incredible view of the ocean, extremely clean and comfortable room...not to mention an on-site parking garage. I couldn't have asked for a better stay and will definitely come back on future visits!

• Stayed April 2011
Long Island, N.Y.
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The Hampton Inn Oceanfront South is an ideal selection for our quick getaway over the holiday weekend.

- Overall, very clean, very friendly staff with zero issues during our stay. Coffee and coco available at all times, great perk. Breakfast area always had space. Whenever it became busy, they just open one of the conference rooms for available seating. Never an issue with the breakfast. Indoor pool was a decent sized. Good to have on those ‘off’ weather days. However, on good days you soon realize the hotel does not have an outdoor pool. There’s one attached but is not owned by the hotel, thus not available to guest.

- Room: Spacious, CLEAN, solid walls. Never heard neighbors. Housekeeping did an A+ job throughout our stay. White sock test, pass. Very friendly and helpful staff.

- Location: Hotel is located on the south end of the boardwalk, (much quieter side). I’m not an air traffic controller; however it appeared much of the naval air station aircraft flew over the north side of the hotels location. Nighttime on the boardwalk here is much more “family” friendly.

- Parking: Enclosed, free is a perk. NOTE: Some have commented on the parking and how narrow it is. Just to be clear, it is a narrow when travelling a vehicle through the garage. Opinions will vary based on vehicle, (imagine a SMART car owner compared to an ESCALADE one).
- A Couple of TIPS:
- When parking, if your room is located on the 5th or above floors, park on the roof level. There is access to the 5th floor entrance and to the elevators. Makes for a shorter trip.
- Don’t waste your time with the attached restaurant (Tap Room), (Not affiliated with the Hotel but offers a 10% cpn with hotel key). Overpriced, non-attentive. Without watching, we would have been overbilled and not been given the hotel perk discount.
- I think management should post as many 5 mph signs as possible in the parking garage since many just think the lanes are two cars wide. When in fact when making turns in the garage it only has room for one. So word of caution when parking. CCTV if not already, should be installed in the garage because we caught some male lewdness while going out of the hotel one evening. Obvious was too lazy to simple walk into the hotel and use the bathroom. (But I reminded them and everyone else who could hear my horn on what they were doing)…. :)

Overall a great stay and will most definitely return. Great Job.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors member, use online check-in
2 Thank Gary O
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay. We value all comments so that we may continually improve our service.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments on to our Housekeeping team. They work hard keeping our beach front property up to standards!

We do have an advantage having a parking garage on site. Many oceanfront hotels have very limited parking and guests often have to walk a block or more to park. Our garage has the same space between parked cars as a shopping center has. This complies with the local codes. The parking floors and ramps can accommodate two vehicles passing, but the turn from the floor to the ramp is tight and only one car at a time can pass. We are looking into additional signage and mirrors to better allow our guests to see around the corners.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2011

The front desk team was awsome. Thanks Bambi! As busy as they were they were very friendly and took a genuine interst in everyones satisfaction. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We recently stayed here on our vacation to Virginia Beach. I chose this hotel due to the ratings on Trip Advisor. All in all we were very pleased wit hthe hotel - great location, great rooms, very goof breakfast which is included and overall great value. The only two negatives I would offer if that upon arriving at 1235pm we were treated as if we were fools for trying to check in so early - "Check in is guaranteed at 4pm"! we were told. I understand that fully but feel its appropriate to ask if the room is available. After being told that we were assigned a specific room and they weren't sure when it would be ready, I asked if I could leave a phone number so that I could receive a call when the room is ready and as such we could go out and explore. I was very surpised - this is definetely a service they should provide and could provide easily. Only other complaint is the parking garage - while it is great to have a nice, complimentary garage - it is unbelievable to me that this met local code as it is basically one way up, one way down - 5 stories. I had to back up several times during our trip and was amazed that we did not have a fender bender in this mess of a garage.

All in all though a great stay, I would stay here again. If you choose the standard oceanfront, they use levels 2-4 - request level 3 or 4 upon booking (we had level 4) as level two looks as if it has a limted view. Great place and great value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hampton1011, General Manager at Hampton Inn Virginia Beach-Oceanfront South, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback so we may continually improve our service.

The demand on an oceanfront hotel is significant. We are torn between those wanting late check outs and those trying to check in early. At times it can become quite a balancing act to take care of both requests, especially when the hotel is sold out.

Arriving early, we accommodate requests based on room types and availability. With our staffing, we try to make calls to guests when rooms become available, but with the volume of calls and others arriving, it is difficult sometimes.

Our parking garage does comply with local code. On the floors, the distance between the rows is about the same as most grocery store parking lots. The challenge is our ramp. It is tight, but can accommodate vehicles going up and down at the same time. We are looking into larger and/or a greater quantity of mirrors to help as guests go around the corners.

Again, thank you for your comments. They will be shared with our team.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I enjoy my stays at the Hampton in VB south. I travel often so being comfortable on the road is important to me. It is always nice to see the desk clerk, Bambi, greet me with a smile, attend to any reservation needs I have and make sure that I have what I need to make my stay at the Hampton easy and enjoyable. Because I am a frequent guest at the Hampton, I have also had plenty of experiences observing Bambi, and other hotel staff like Abe, Steve and Nicole greet their customers in the same fashion that I have become accustomed to. All of the staff are well trained and seem genuinely interested in making my stay pleasant.

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to have better cell reception.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business