“Great rate, clean room, just O.K staff”

Quality Inn Little Creek
Ranked #75 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here and when we first arrived the hotel manager told me he was TIGHTLY booked and didn't have the room I reserved so did I want to stay at Howard Johnson next door. I told him put me in any room he had available. I heard Howard Johnson was trash. He put me in a double queen and I was pleased. I had much of no problems with my room except a beer bottle was learning the fridge besides that excellent quality. Breakfast is basic but just enough. Great room and great price about 15min from the Virginia beach main area.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank lovelylee4

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 13 days. I have worked for hotels for 14 years and found this hotel to be wonderful. The staff was very accomidating and welcomed us everytime we seen one of them. There is a restauraunt next door as well as a couple of fast food and a supermarket. The walk took a couple minutes from our hotel. When we left we felt as if we had made new friends. That does not happen often when traveling. I know that I have stayed at many hotels that could not answer my questions, have been given horrible directions and much more. This staff were able to help us with all of our needs and did not blink an eye. There was NO soap scum on the floor of the bathtub which was absolutely refreshing. My daughter is in the Navy so I plan to return to Virginia and this will be the place that I stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank linked72
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always wait to the last minute to book a hotel and when it comes to anything close to the beach at a low price it seems impossibe for me to find that. Even though I think I paid too much for one night here, I think if you book in advance you may get a better rate.

On to the hotel. I was suprised, better than I expected. Room wasn't small and it was clean. We got a king bed, larger than usual fridge, and microwave. Small outdoor pool which we did not use. Free parking and free wifi in lobby. Hardwired in rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel wasn't a long drive from the beach..about 20 minutes. I suggest you ask for a non smoking room and not to show up too late at night as parking spaces seem to all be taken. This is a outside exiting room. In the morning you can here everyone outside getting ready to head to the beach so if you plan to sleep in it may be difficult if you are a light sleeper. Not a bad hotel, try to book in advance.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room, upper level if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KhanArt
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We only stayed here for one night (June 7), but that one night was just fine. Check-in and check-out people were friendly. Room was clean, ac worked fine. Convenient location between Norfolk Airport & Virginia Beach. We had no problems, thankfully, since problems were all we had with United Airlines getting from San Francisco to Norfolk (& boy is that another review!)

Room Tip: 212 - upstairs & away from street
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

You get a lot for your dollar here. I was provided a military discount and the room was large, clean and had everything. Nice bed, good TV, coffiee, clock radio, micro/fridge, hairdryer, ironing board/iron, in room safe, lots of towels/soap/etc., EZ chair, desk and chair. It's off the beach a ways but that was OK. It was a relaxing location with a solid breakfest in the AM and a nice lounge area in the lobby and nice well maintained pool/patio area. Staff was very nice and allowed for a very early check in for me (1030am). Lots of food choices in walk area in a safe neigborhood. Hope to go back again sometime

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DCJim1
Reviewed May 12, 2012

stayed here with my parents, our room had a very small stove, full size refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker and a queen bed, sofa with sleeper. No dishes or pots & pans so bring your own, room was nice enough - it's not a Marriott or Sheraton / Hilton top of the line hotel but for a budget hotel it is nice. They have high speed internet but it is wired.
Breakfast consists of hard boiled eggs, Belgium waffles, oatmeal, yogurt - bagles/toast w/ cream cheese - butter - cereal (3 types) coffee - caf & decaf and juice - lemonade and orange juice center slot had water. There is a pool but it's not in season.... it's across the street from the base too so if you have family there... and there is a food lion - arby's and taco bell within a few hundred yards.
Hotel is right off RT 60 if you go out the hotel and go to the right the beach is about five miles or so....

Room Tip: If you want an efficiency bring your own pots/pans and dishes silverware etc. if not just get the p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had a suite with a king bed and a pull out couch, when you used the pull out couch you could not get into the bathroom. The air conditioner was leaking inside the room all over the floor, tv was fuzzy could not see well, and the pull out couch had chocolate on it with no sheets and some small toys folded up in it, and big waterbugs My son loved the pool, and for the most part the employees were friendly, my mother stayed in another room with no problems, would choose another hotel next time

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family