Surf Club Ocean Grille - Wyndham Oceanfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Surf Club Ocean Grille - Wyndham Oceanfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,428 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 57th Street
Description: The Surf Club sits right on the sand of Virginia Beach, offering the best view of the Atlantic in the city. We pride ourselves on sourcing the freshest local seafood and produce and offer quality service. We have an outdoor patio with plush seating, fire pits, a tropical bar and live entertainment.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just okay”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We came here because we saw it was on the ocean/beach and it was a nice evening weather wise. The food was pretty good. My husband and I both had she-crab soup and that was good. Our entrees were pretty good as well. But the service was really slow. It took them forever to even clear our soup bowls and the other tables around had dishes on them long after people vacated. I could understand if they were truly busy but there was a server just standing around.

Visited October 2013

Milford, Connecticut
“Relaxing Lunch”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Don't be scared away by the word "club". It is open to the public and well worth the stop for a quick lunch. It is located right on the water and very pleasant.
Very goo She Crab soup.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wow we love the restaurant. We had breakfast daily during our stay and it was awesome. We also ate dinner and loved the steaks, they were yummy. The staff are very friendly and most of them were very professional. We also stopped in the lounge one night to hear the music and that was a pleasant experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great View and Service!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Food was just ordinary nothing special, but appetizers and drinks it the spot!! And views are special!

Visited September 2013
“Unforgettable for the wrong reasons”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I took a trip in August 2013 to Virginia beach. We chose the surf club ocean grille for lunch the first afternoon we were there. We decided to order their seafood artichoke and spinach dip as a starter. Half way through I bit into something chewy that did not seem quite right. I spit it out and discovered I had been munching on a piece of cardboard. We pulled a manager over to our table and Told him what had happened. We were overly nice about the situation as we have both been servers in the past and didn't want to be annoying customers. However, He seemed annoyed and I didn't get the impression he believed me. He walked away without saying much. He came back about 5 minutes later and asked if he could take the plate with the cardboard and at that point apologized and asked if we would like a different appetizer. We said no because at that point our food was about to come out. The rest of the food was good even though it was overpriced in our opinion. When our waiter brought us the check we were surprised to find that they charged us full price for the dip. It would have been a nice gesture to even discount it a little. I mean... I payed 12$ for a dip with cardboard in it! My husband and I left frusterated and made a pact to never eat there again. In conclusion, for the price that you are going to spend at the surf club you should receive excellent food and superb service. We received neither.

• Visited August 2013