Surf Club Ocean Grille - Wyndham Oceanfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Surf Club Ocean Grille - Wyndham Oceanfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 57th Street
Description: The Surf Club sits right on the sand of Virginia Beach, offering the best view of the Atlantic in the city. We pride ourselves on sourcing the freshest local seafood and produce and offer quality service. We have an outdoor patio with plush seating, fire pits, a tropical bar and live entertainment.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wow we love the restaurant. We had breakfast daily during our stay and it was awesome. We also ate dinner and loved the steaks, they were yummy. The staff are very friendly and most of them were very professional. We also stopped in the lounge one night to hear the music and that was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Food was just ordinary nothing special, but appetizers and drinks it the spot!! And views are special!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I took a trip in August 2013 to Virginia beach. We chose the surf club ocean grille for lunch the first afternoon we were there. We decided to order their seafood artichoke and spinach dip as a starter. Half way through I bit into something chewy that did not seem quite right. I spit it out and discovered I had been munching on a piece of cardboard. We pulled a manager over to our table and Told him what had happened. We were overly nice about the situation as we have both been servers in the past and didn't want to be annoying customers. However, He seemed annoyed and I didn't get the impression he believed me. He walked away without saying much. He came back about 5 minutes later and asked if he could take the plate with the cardboard and at that point apologized and asked if we would like a different appetizer. We said no because at that point our food was about to come out. The rest of the food was good even though it was overpriced in our opinion. When our waiter brought us the check we were surprised to find that they charged us full price for the dip. It would have been a nice gesture to even discount it a little. I mean... I payed 12$ for a dip with cardboard in it! My husband and I left frusterated and made a pact to never eat there again. In conclusion, for the price that you are going to spend at the surf club you should receive excellent food and superb service. We received neither.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Food is OK. Really pretty sea- blue bling tiles decorate the entrance when you come in. Windows large and tinted to see the beach and ocean. Nice portion sizes. Pretty good wine selection. Would return.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My fiancee and I rode our bikes up the boardwalk and through some back streets to reach the Surf Club and stopped in for drinks and dinner. We had never been here before. The place was hopping on a Thursday night in late June, but we found 2 seats at the bar. Turns out they have an extended happy hour 3-7 PM. $3 for import, $4 for drinks. Mike, the bartender was friendly, helpful, and fast, even though the bar was very crowded. They also have food specials, including peel-and-eat shrimp (a generous 1/2 lb for $13) and this happened to be prime rib night ($18 for a large portion plus mashed potatoes and veggies). We ordered the shrimp as an appetizer and the prime rib as our dinner. We shared both, yet we felt glad that we had a long bike ride home to help work some of it off. Since it's a few blocks north of the boardwalk, it attracts more of a local crowd than the bars and restaurants on the boardwalk. Clearly the locals knew the routine, because once happy hour ended at 7PM, we had most of the bar area to ourselves. It was as if a switch had been thrown and everybody left - except us - we were still enjoying our steak! Food was excellent and prices were too (total bill including drinks was just $53 which was way too little for such good stuff - I expect we would have paid a lot more if we hadn't gotten the happy hour prices), so we're looking forward to going back again soon.