“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Alamar Resort Inn

Alamar Resort Inn
Ranked #66 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family and I enjoyed staying at the Alamar Resort Inn. Ernie and Tina are very friendly and helpful people. They know the area very well and can recommend sites for you to see. It is also convenient to the beach. The Inn is clean and quiet. They have a lot of amenities such as a laundry room, game room and pool. We were unable to go swimming due to the weather, However, we played games, visited and caught up on old times and overall enjoyed ourselves. I would highly recommend the Alamar to anyone who is looking for a clean, quiet and respectable place to enjoy themselves.

6  Thank Irene S
There are newer reviews for Alamar Resort Inn

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel, very clean and quiet, only 1 1/2 blocks from beach, owners ernie & tina very nice & friendly, also nice pool area, the alamar is only place i stay when coming to virginia beach. Darrel g

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank Darrelgibson
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Alamar Resort Inn is a wonderful place to stay!!!! The room and entire hotel was clean and very well put together. Tina, I believe she is either the owner or the manager, and her husband were very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. I definitively will go back and recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Good location, very clean and affordable !!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank MTCampbell
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Alamar Resort Inn was a great family friendly place to stay with great prices for a family budget. Just a short walk (2 blocks from the beach.) Very clean rooms and a beautiful pool area. Owners Ernie & Tina made our stay enjoyable as they were able to give us information as to great places to eat & places to go during our stay. Definetly will recommend it to friends and stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the suites if you are traveling with 4 or more in your group.
7  Thank pweis25
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was my first tip to Virginia Beach in 45 years and was really surprised to find a hotel that was clean, quiet and yet close enough to walk to the boardwalk and beach. I found that the owners Ernie and Tina both were very attentive to all of my family making sure we have everything we needed during our stay. Also they both were very knowledgeable about their community and give us some good information on things to do in the Virginia Beach area. I would stay there again and have recommended this hotel to my co-workers. A great big thank you to Ernie and Tina.

6  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed February 28, 2012

The Alamar Resort Inn is in a very nice location. Alamar has been our top pick for many years until last year. Our second day there we had noticed somebody had came into our room and cut off our air conditioning, and when we went to talk to(Tina) she had told us that her staff may have gotten cold while cleaning the room. OKAY not such a big deal. So we asked for her to please tell her staff to not touch the air conditioning and she agreed. The next day we came back from lunch and our room was 78 degrees. This continued all throughout our trip. Then one day my family and I were very excited to walk to the strip, but we were waiting for it to stop raining. My 11 yr. old son kept opening the door to check if it had stopped raining because he was so excited. Tina proceeded to call our room and tell us to shut our door that we needed to stay either in or out. Another thing that seemed odd to me is that when my children were throwing a ball (a ball that is to be used in water) in the pool Tina came out to the pool to tell my children they werent allowed to have a ball in the pool afeter three days of already playing with the ball in the pool I was dunbfounded i had never been on vacation where kids werent allowed to have balls in the pool???? She then proceeded to tell me is was in her rule book but when i asked her to bring it out she told me if i had a problem with it then we should leave. Later on that evening a whole soccar team full of kids were playing in the pool and guess what..... they didnt have one ball in the pool they had three in the pool and she didnt seem to have a problem with it. I feel like if I'm going to dish out over a thousand dollars to stay in one room for a week then my family and i should be able to keep our door open as much as we want, enjoy a ball in the pool, be able to control our air conditioning, and recieve some sort of respect. All i can say is Alamar will never get my business again until they are under new management.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Casey C
AlamarResort, Owner at Alamar Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

We apppreciate this guest's comments on our location. We are 1 1/2 blocks, a short
2 minute walk, to the middle of the boardwalk which makes a great access point and convenient to enjoy everything.

When this guest let us know that the a/c had been changed, it was immediately addressed with housekeeping. That was the last we heard about the issue. If we had heard further, we would have certainly taken additional action. Our guests are our priority and we are always available and responsive when given the opportunity.

This guest stay was in the summer. We noticed their was open most of the time. Our concern was that the a/c would freeze up while trying to cool with the door continually left open. If this were to happen, the a/c unit would have to be turned off for at least 24 hours for the unit to defrost. We explained our concern and ask that the door be closed or that the a/c be turned off if they would like to leave the door open.

We do not allow anything to be thrown in or around the pool to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests. This situation with a soccer team and 3 balls being thrown in the pool simply did not happen. If it had, we would have asked them to stop as well.

We get many complements and many repeat guests because we maintain a quiet and enjoyable environment and our rules are in place to make that environment possible.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in September 2011, rooms were very unusual in decor, a little outdated for 2011, room was clean and smelled fresh upon arrival. Very nice quick walk to beach and surrounding area. Parking is limited, we were told to park down the block as no spaces were available, OK but kind of strange. Pool looked pleasant but we did not use, I tend to agree with the previous review as the curtains are light. Overall, just fine , except for the decor.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank AlanCampbell1959

Our rooms are decorated in Queen Anne style furnishings which is a current and popular
style of decor. We appreciate this guest's complements on our clean and fresh rooms. Providing a clean, quiet and family oriented environment is our top priority.

We have more than sufficient guest parking. In addition to our parking in front of the hotel, we, also,have a large parking lot to the left of the hotel which was explained to this guest at check in. This guest made no mention of the misunderstanding about the parking to us while they were here. We are always available and responsive to our guests when given the opportunity.