It's been a few years since my husband and I visited Virginia Beach. I kept hearing all of this talk about how much the area has changed, so curiosity brought me back for Valentine's Day weekend.
A friend of mine told me about Gold Key. I've never taken a timeshare tour and after reading a few reviews I was really hesitant--i almost didn't book. My friend talked me into giving them a chance and the price was great, so we went ahead and booked. Believe it or not, we paid $59 for 2 nights at the Ramada in an oceanfront room. We also got a $50 meal coupon. We used it at the Mahi Mah's restaurant which was located right in the hotel. Very convenient. I wouldn't call the restaurant or hotel luxurious, but it was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
We had to take the timeshare tour the morning after we arrived. I was surprised how professional our salesperson was. She was really nice and didn't pull any scams over us. We stayed for a little over an hour and a half and we decided that timeshare wasn't for us (we don't travel to Virginia Beach enough). If we visit VB every year, we might have considered it.
Overall, I'm glad I took my friend's advice. My husband and I got a great deal and we were able to get out of the house for a weekend! The area is beautiful in February, nice and relaxing. We might have to visit the beach more often and check out the aquarium (which we heard a lot of good things about).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach's hotel with the best view, come experience the calming ocean waters and cooling breezes of the Summer season at this seaside escape. Nationally ranked as the #1 Ramada in North America and now with brand new oceanfront rooms, we’re even better than before. Fully renovated with comfortable and contemporary accommodations, see why the Ramada is the best destination to experience seaside living in Virginia Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada On The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Ramada