“Average, good price, terrible stuff, but place is very nice”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Average, good price, terrible stuff, but place is very nice”
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Some of the stuff members are just terrible, front desk lady was just mean, like she's making me a big favor that she will check me in.... they let me and my 2 years old daughter wait in the lobby for 2 hours cuz check in time is noon, it wasn't good experience but oh well, rules are rules even if you see that hotel is empty and there is a lot of empty rooms... rules are rules. I asked for microwave, it tooks about 5 hours to get one in to the room.... BUT Hotel is very clean, Great location, very nice rooms with balcony, Restaurant is ok, sushi bar with not bad prices. Hotel is a very nice place so I recommend this place as a good place to stay with family. The only problem is that most of the stuff behaving like they don;t wanna work in hotel business but they must.... probably bad management.... Im planning to stay there also next year.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank chrisparypadotcom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2010

My family and I visit Va. Beach several times a year and usually stick to the same group of hotels around 20th street each time. This time I decided we would switch it up and stay closer to the inlet and try out the Ramada. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the beds and pillows were extremely cozy. My husband and I took our 8 yr old son with us, and we lucked out by having the entire indoor pool to ourselves for nearly the entire day! There are a few good restaurants within walking distance; our favorite by far is Waterman’s! The hotel staff were not overly friendly but provided adequate enough service. One warning though…this hotel is owned by God Star Properties, and they try REALLY hard to sell, sell sell. Our phone rang no less than three times in 36 hours with offers of free nights and other wonders of the world; we simply had to sit through a “short presentation” and we would get it all…..needless to say we bypassed the offer (each time they asked)!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank zacnicty
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Myself, husband, and several of our friends stayed at this Ramada in May 2009. We had got the rooms at at employee rate so I have no idea what the regular rate would have been, but I still think I would have paid it. The rooms ALL are ocean front, and ALL have a balcony. There's nothing quite like opening up your sliding glass door and having the beach literally RIGHT there. All the staff, especially front desk and the concierege were exceptional. Mahi Mah's had wonderful food, Our rooms were always spotless when we returned from a day out wandering the beach or boardwalk. Even the views from inside the hallways (which are floor to ceiling windows) are beautiful over looking the boardwalk. I would absolutely recomend this hotel for anyone looking for everything they need neatly wrapped up in one hotel. Oh! I almost forgot - they even have FREE valet service

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JVaow
conneautville pa
Reviewed October 27, 2009

this hotel was excellent right from the start. we checked in at 9am,, and yes our room was alreasy ready for us.. the room and the bathroom were clean, the balcony view of the ocean was priceless. we watched the dolphins playing in the early morning from our balacony..would go back again in a heartbeat.. the only down side was the way the bathroom was set up.. small,,, but cleanliness was worth the small bathroom

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Detroit Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We had the best time!!! Stayed for seven nights had wonderful meals and drinks at Mahi Mah. Loved the bands just below our balcony, the whole staff was wonderful!!! Loved our cleaning girls they were fun always tended to my familys needs. Bartenders were awesome!!! Room was beautiful,clean,and very comfortable. Cant wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank felumenawilson
Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We booked 7 rooms for last weekend. Arrived at the hotel they didn't have any of the type of rooms we reserved. They also could not keep straight the name of each person in each room. They called me at midnight the first night to try to see which hotel rooms they needed to assign to my group when they were checking in. They tried to put people in a room that someone was already in. It was the biggest mess and so stressful. I can't understand how a hotel can't manage 7 rooms.

Then the manager asked me what I wanted them to do about it. They tell you one thing and do something different. It is a terriibly run hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Rockford,IL
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Found hotel on the internet. Used judgement by reading reviews. Was not disappointed. Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, food was very good. Overall a very enjoyable stay. Would not hesitate to recommend or visit again.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple