Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
$197
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$188
$167
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$304
$167
$231
$199
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
$80
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$126
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
$92
$225
$194
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$108
2,173 results
All reviewsmahifree valetvalet serviceprivate balconyoff seasonocean viewboardwalksunrise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Granted we came in after being in a resort (and this was about the same price per night). Check in was at 4 PM. We had reserved a week before and when we got there the room wasn't available. We had to wait 20 minutes and then found out they were over booked and could only offer us a handicapped king room. This was fine except that obviously wasn't ready either and then when we got there the floor was all tile but they didn't even offer us a bath mat for the bathroom (and since it was handicapped the shower floor was flat into the bathroom and entryway). My husband almost fell flat on his back. Also, I had ordered champagne and strawberries which didn't arrive when we did as advertised. I told the hotel clerk to send it up when we went for dinner. 30 minutes later we when to the room and it wasn't there. I had a voicemail saying they would send it up at 6 (and it was 6) and so I waited until 6:30 and they still weren't there so I called to find out they had to wait for the chocolate on strawberries and FINALLY we got it (it really takes an hour to put chocolate on strawberries?? They knew we were there at 4!). All in all it was ok and the beach area was great and it was in a good area but then the last night the cable on the TV went out and we got no notification before hand (no voicemail). I had to call to find out. At least we were tired and just went to sleep. Next time I will plan ahead and get a better servicing hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I stayed with a few friends in May 2009 during Patriotic Festival, a weekend-long event with live music and other events right on the beach. I chose the Ramada for its proximity to the festival, and as I got to my room I found the balcony not only looked out onto the beach, giving a fantastic view at all times, but also gave a great view of the stage. I checked in early with no problems; the free valet service was incredibly polite and helpful directing me to attractions around the boardwalk. While in the airport I lost my ticket confirmation for the festival; while the concierge at the Ramada was unable to help me, they had an arrangement with the hotel next door to allow their guests to use their concierge and business center, where I was able to print out a new copy.

The amenities looked fantastic, though I didn't use them--I could see the fitness room was full of machines to use and looked out onto the boardwalk. The room was very spacious; surprising, since the hotel looked like it is an old structure that has been recently remodeled. Beds were very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was fantastic, flat-screen TV a delight. The only complaint was that there were only two elevators for the entire hotel, and they were small, un-air conditioned, and slow at that. If you were trying to get somewhere during check in/out time, you would have a lot of waiting with your luggage.

Once again I must say the service here was impeccable: the Ramada was the hotel for all the staff of the festival AND there was a wedding party staying there that weekend; they handled them very well and I never felt that I was overlooked because of it. The toilet clogged when I arrived to the room, and with one quick phone call to the front desk someone was up in less than five minutes fixing it. It was a wonderful stay and while there are cheaper places in the area, the service would definitely bring me back here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I made reservations for my spouse and myself last minutes for the 4th of July. After making reservations I read the reviews and I was somewhat nervous. Couldn't change hotels because everyone was booked up we continued with our plans. When we got there the front desk was so nice and attentive the room was clean and fresh and the veiw was amazing. Our stay was very enjoyable and relaxing and I would recommend Ramda on the beach to anyone. You can't always go by the reviews.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I just wanted to take a moment and express to you what an incredible time my husband and I experienced at the Ramada Resort. I cannot praise Michael at the front desk enough. He was the epitome of professionalism, and unknowingly helped make our 20th wedding anniversary getaway an unforgettable experience. To say the room was incredible, would be an understatement. We were blown away. The bed was the most amazingly, comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The complimentary valet parking just was over the top. Incredible! We have had the privilege of staying at several 3 and 4 star resorts and have never experienced such a wonderful stay as the one at the Ramada Resort. We will continue recommending Ramada to all of our friends who are planning a stay at Virginia Beach.
**Impeccable accommodations and staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

First let me be clear - this is NO resort - where life is easy and there's someone there to take care of your every desire. Suggest you not even think about going there with children - you'll be tripping over each other as there is not an inch of extra space to move around in within the room. The TV did not work, the coffee pot did not work, the ice machine on our floor did not work, the vending machine for soda, water, etc.. did not work. There was no clock. There is no lobby to speak of, no bell service (you're on your own) only a few luggage carts if you can manage to snag one and untrained personnel at the front desk who are totally unable to answer any questions about bus service (which the city is trying to promote) or anything else. When you check in you have to sign a form saying you won't cancel your reservation without 72 hours notice. This is most certainly because as you walk down the street you will realize that you could have booked yourself at any of a dozen or more cheaper hotels with the same view and amenities. The hotel has a band that plays until 11PM and it is LOUD. Don't even think about sleeping. A place for kids? - NOT on your life! The fact that the room has a view of the ocean - OK they ALL do. This is nothing special to pay for. There was shampoo and conditioner, but no hand lotion. There were, however, threatening notices telling you not to steal the towels - that inventory was taken daily - imagine! The exercise room had 3 or 4 machines, total. Parking is by valet, so while there is no charge, you do feel compelled to tip the guys, who probably provided the best service of anyone I encountered there. The quality of this facility overall, including the room, was more like a Days Inn. In fact, I have been in Days Inns that are better. Shame on Ramada for squandering their branding. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

• Stayed: May 2009