My boyfriend and I were going to Virginia beach for a few days for a mini vacation and to visit his family who lives in the area. We chose this hotel because of the decent reviews and there was 20% off the room rates when we booked. We reserved a room with a king sized bed, microwave, fridge, and jetted tub. The hotel itself was nice as well as the location and restaurant. The room was awful. The bed was uncomfortable, the air conditioner only cooled down half of the room, there were lots of bugs in the room from the moment we stepped in (Mosquitos and a huge bee), dishes were kept under the sink and were all dirty, the fridge did not work properly (we put fruit in and the top half of the fruit was frozen while the bottom wasnt), there were large stains on the carpet, the power strip next to the bed which had the lamp and clock plugged into was defective and the lamp would flicker constantly unless the plug was in the right spot, the bathroom was EXTREMELY small and didn't provide very many toiletries, the tv had no reception(all the channels were fuzzy). The only good thing about the room was the shower which had a nice faux stone tile and doubled headed shower head as well as jets if you paid extra. Overall the room seemed old and dirty and was not worth the money. The staff was nice and the restaurant "Mahi Mah's" was really good. This is my first time writing a review for anything and I rarely dislike hotels but this was the worst one I've ever stayed in. Definitely wont return and I would advise anyone reading this to pick a different hotel, despite the decent reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach's hotel with the best view, come experience the calming ocean waters and cooling breezes of the Summer season at this seaside escape. Nationally ranked as the #1 Ramada in North America and now with brand new oceanfront rooms, we’re even better than before. Fully renovated with comfortable and contemporary accommodations, see why the Ramada is the best destination to experience seaside living in Virginia Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada On The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Ramada