Naval jets flew over the hotel on practice runs from the Norfolk Naval Air Base every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the noise was brutal. I wouldn't go back to Virginia Beach again just because of that! It would have been nice to know about the noise in advance. Those fly-bys have been going on for some time according to the valet attendants. It was so loud when the jets flew over that a normal conversation was impossible.
The front desk and consierge were friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff however was so-so. The dust ruffle around the bed was dirty. Garbage cans were undersized and were filthy. Our room smelled of old cigars or cigarettes and we asked for a non-smoking room.
The swimming pool was clean, but it was too cold for a "heated" pool. We tried to use the hot tub, but we had to get out after 5 minutes. The chlorine in there was strong enough to cause sinus irritation (not an exaggeration). Informed the front desk, but nothing happened to resolve the issue.
Bathroom facitilies were too small. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom near the door. So, after using the toilet you have to open the door before having the opportunity to wash your hands, unless you use the bathtub. A very bad design. The lighting in the sink area was very poor.
The television reception was horrible. This is the age of high definition. Not only was there no Hi-Def, but some stations were just unwatchable because of poor reception.
The sliding door to the balcony was actually quite dangerous. There is a very high flange sticking up at the base of that door just waiting for someone that is distracted, especially someone that had a drink or two, to trip and get seriously injured.
There is one washer and two clothes dryer for the entire hotel, i.e. 8 floors!!!! And, there was no change machine. The front desk would not provide change for more than two dollars. It takes four dollars to do your laundry (wash and dry).
The exercise room is the size of a walkin closet. I was packed with cardio equipment, but no resistance equipment or free weights. I have been in lots of hotels with at least some free weights to workout with, but not here.
For an advertised renovated hotel this place was a disappointment. The balcony furniture was cheap plastic chairs that could be bought at Dollar General for $10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Beach's hotel with the best view, come experience the calming ocean waters and cooling breezes of the Summer season at this seaside escape. Nationally ranked as the #1 Ramada in North America and now with brand new oceanfront rooms, we’re even better than before. Fully renovated with comfortable and contemporary accommodations, see why the Ramada is the best destination to experience seaside living in Virginia Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada On The Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ramada Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Ramada