“Overpriced”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Hampton, VA
“Overpriced”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

For what we spent, I was disappointed. I stay in hotels a couple times a month for business and I've spent half this amount for a hotel twice as nice. I suppose it has to do with the fact that this hotel is on the beach, and all rooms have an oceanfront view. But I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a nice oceanfront hotel in Virginia Beach. When I was looking for a hotel for this trip, this had some of the best reviews on the beach, and they were just mediocre--so I was a little afraid of what I would find. Markus L. has a review that pretty much fits what I would say: Good thing I only had one car, because they weren't going to help me find a parking space for another. Good thing my job doesn't depend on my Internet access, because that was lacking too. Good thing I didn't require any special help from the staff, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten it (although I caln't speak for the concierge, who seemed very friendly and may have actually been helpful had I needed him). They ran out of towels (for the whole day) once, the room was very dusty and when we had a couple of people join us in our room for dinner, we actually dusted to avoid grossing them out. Finally, I wanted to get credited with Wyndham points for my stay, but they couldn't look up my membership number. Really?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
ALBANY
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bathroom was too small and you couldn't use the sink without having the door closed. Did not appreciate being upgraded without notification and then attempting to charge me for it. Housekeeping could have been a little better. Location and view from the room were great though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed the Ramada on the Beach for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. We traveled in two vehicles and needed a second parking space. The front desk clerk explained in unfriendly and defensive ways that this was against hotel policy and that we had to find our own parking. There was no sense of trying to help and accommodate our need. Staff and managers citing in defensive ways hotel policies did not leave us with the feeling that this is a proactive and guest oriented hotel. Especially after we noticed many empty spots in the garage.
Wifi reception
The hotel advertises free high speed wifi in every room. This is very important to me, because I teach online. The speed in our room was slower than the old dial up. I called the Hotel's service provider twice and they acknowledged that the hotel had faulty equipment that needed to be updated, repaired. They also acknowledged that the access point that covered our room barely passed Internet traffic - meaning that the wifi was practically useless. The provider shared with me what floors and rooms had much better coverage. I explained this to the front desk. They acknowledged that for the past few months guests complained about poor wifi coverage. At the same time they were unwilling to move me to a different room as suggested by the Internet provider. Again we were met with minimalist staff that were not willing to do within reasonable means to accommodate a guests need.
For us the issue was not so much the parking and wifi - it was how it was handled by the staff that left us not wanting to return to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
EAST RUTHERFORD
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Everything about the hotel and staff is top shelf. Jenna at the front desk was extremely courteous and helpful. I do not remember the name of the Concierge but she was awesome as well. The only complaint i do have is that the restaurant Mahi Mahs is way too over priced. The food was good but not for the money. I have had much better food and service for much less a price. I will definately return to your hotel but definately NOT Mahi Mahs.

FINCASTLE
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The journey began with a 15 minute wait while the single check in clerk was on the phone doing a reservation. we were the 2nd in line of 4 travelers.

the room next door was noisey and the music was loud.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

GREENSBORO
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were very disappointed in the size of the bathroom, it to small for a room with a king size bed. There were no refrigerator or miccrowave in the room, which they were in other rooms. House keeping was very great and kind. Everyone at the front desk was very respectful. The velet parking guys was the best.
Shower head in the did not properly, one side work while other one just flow very lightly.

MANASSAS
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had a great time at The Ramada on the Beach. We ate at the Mahi Restaurant located in the Hotel. The food and service was excellent (: The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The indoor pool could have been a little warmer but all in all it was still clean and my grand daughter had fun in it. I spent most of my time in the heated whirlpool. It rained the first day so the indoor pool was great to keep my grand daughter occupied. I would definately recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family.Thanks Ramada, hope to be coming back soon!