“interesting”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“interesting”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The view was awesome! The cleaning staff kept the room cleaned and stocked with fresh linens. Unfortunately, the fun people above us kept throwing things off the balcony and were loud partiers. The third night we started smelling a funny smoke coming through the lovely adjoining door they gave us. That seemed to work well wth my children...not! I know its the beach & we're all here to have fun, but maybe families should stay in a different section. Other than that, staff seemed to be friendly and helpful. The main draw was the beach.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MkSal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Murfreesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2012

An ok hotel. Our room was ok. The bed was comfortable but I would have like more pillows, the pillows are too small. The bathroom was small but we loved the double shower head! We were very surprised that there was no refrigerator. Being that many families stay there, there should be a fridge to keep maybe bottles, or even food or drinks since it it so expensive to eat out every meal. Our biggest complaint was the pool. We specifally took our kids out of school early and surprised them to take them overnight and to swim. My husband had been working alot and we hadn't seen alot of him recently & thought it would be great to get away overnight.That was the ONE thing we went to do. The staff should notify people when they check in, that the pool is closed! We don't live near the beach. When we first checked in, the kids wanted to walk to the beach. Then we said "let's do dinner early, this way, we have the rest of the night to hang out and go swimming". We get ready to leave for dinner and we thought, let's ask them where the pool is so we know where to go when we get back. I asked the girl at the front desk and she said" the pool is closed" and then picked up the phone. I waited for her to get off so I could ask, " closed temporarily because your cleaning it or closed, closed?" She said " closed. Our season is coming up and they are making repairs." We went to dinner and my son cried through dinner and was upset for the rest of the night. The next morning, I just wanted to let the front desk know that when people make reservations, it should be made known that the pool is closed. The girl then tells me that we had access to the hotel next doors' pool. Why didn't the girl the previous night tell us this so that my kids weren't so disappointed?! Just because it is your off season, doesn't mean people aren't going to want to use the pool, especially when it's 60 degrees out and we can't go to the beach!

Room Tip: We had a pretty decent room. Carpets could be replaced, they were pretty dingey. We had a king room...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna K
Bobvone49, General Manager at Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Guest comments are our most important tool as we strive to provide excellent service and quality and I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly to discuss how we might be able to make it up to you and the kids!

Bob von Esmarch, General Manager 757-491-3677
waynesboro, va
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Decent place, nice views, comfortable bed. Needs some clean carpeting or replaced. Great restaurant down below. get there for happy hour

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

after several trips to the beach with many small children in tow, i begged my husband to please not book this, he did and by far it was the best week we have ever spent on vacation. we are a average family with an average income and as i said many small children. alot of the sucess of this vacation was due to va beach in general. it was insane how much money we didnt have to spend because on beach days we could exit hotel and was not bombarded with trinkets foods rentals craziness, we enjoyed a very clean nice beach the children enjoyed the inside pool ,hotel was perfect, it was clean organized we personally had a pleasent series of staff that week it is quite and although there were children it wasnt a romper room expirence, it was nice enough that my husband and i felt we went away for the week but not so stuffy that we felt uncomfortable having the children there, there were several on beach playgrounds near by. the hotel was laid out in a way that we had access to the basic and could safely walk w children to other options...rebooked this yr and im excited for another beach vacation.

Room Tip: they are all basically good views, of course the closer you are to the bottom floor the more traffic...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank whitney p
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Very clean and updated room. Great view. Great beds. That's about all of the good things. The front desk staff wasn't very friendly. The valet parking is kind of annoying. If you want to park yourself, you have to walk a block to the parking deck. Just wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovePA87
Bobvone49, General Manager at Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for providing critical feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Guests like you are our biggest asset and your valuable comments are our most important tool as we strive to provide excellent service and a high-quality guest experience.

I was saddened to learn that we did not meet your expectations and am very sorry for the inconvenience. Parking can sometimes be a challenge here at the oceanfront and that is why we offer standard complimentary valet service or convenient dedicated self-parking. There are several lots from which to choose, one is located right across the street and others are within walking distance.

I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and very much appreciate your notification. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience on a future stay.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Let's see, where do I start....
Booking this hotel was very confusing. I called the hotel directly and got room/ hotel information and rates. I was transfered to reservations for booking. They gave conflicting information about everything. They knew nothing about the hotel, and repeatedly put me on hold to call them. I eventually ended booking the room directly with the hotel. My husband and I wanted a romatic weekend getaway, because we never had a honeymoon. We reserved a room with a jacuzzi tub. I felt that we got great rates.
Once we got to the hotel, check in was a breeze. It was as if are room was waiting for us, and they had free valet parking. We got up to the room opened the door, and it was the wrong room no jacuzzi. They gave us another room that maintenance had just walked out of. Red flag, somethings broken, and there was. The tub and phone were broken no one came to fix the problem and @ check out front advised they knew nothing about it. The tub being broken ruined our romantic weekend. One of the sheets on the bed that squeaks really loud was ripped and there was no fan in the bathroom. There was no hot water in the morning and Mahi mahi lied about having a breakfast buffet.
Overall, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. The bed was comfy and the view was fantastic, but thats all this hotel is. A nice bed with a view. I got a discount on my last nights stay I guess for the trouble. Front desk gave me the managers number, for what? I'm the unhappy customer here with the ruined weekend. I shouldn't have to call anyone. The hotel making an attempt to correct the problem they gave me a key to would have been a lot better than having the tax taken off our room. Never again not worth it. We had to spend more money to do stuff outside the hotel we had planned to do there.

Room Tip: maybe try the country inn....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miss P
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a very succesful special training session during the weekend of Feb. 17-19,2012 during President's weekend at the Ramada on the Beach in Virginia Beach, Va.
The special ocenfront setting of the guest rooms, resturant and ballrooms are very conducive to helping us have a great turnout and effective meeting.
The particpants raved about the views from each guestroom which have a private balcony and what a special treat we had during our breakout lunch in Mahi Mah's and having a pod of whales in viewing distance entertain us. Luckly the ballrooms have ocen views as well and it was not hard to gather everyone up for the after lunch sessions.
The strength of this location is not only the views but everything is under one roof. Once our participants arrived on site and parked their vehicles there was no need to leave the premise all weekend. The award winning local's favorite restaurant on site, Mahi Mah's, had everything we needed from a buffett breakfast, a quick lunch located down the hall from our meeting rooms to a special dinner with a Sushi bar right on the beach.
The Hotel staff was very accomadating to our presentation needs transforming the room from a workshop setting to leaturer format between meals.
Having everthing under one roof that is not only of excellent quality and reputation, kept our participants on site. The amount of networking and continued discussion that happened during the weekend is something that I as an organizer could not have made happen without the special setting and the desire of the participants to stay together and not seek outside enetrtainment.
This is the 8th year I have used this location and working with familar faces over the years make me very comfortable in booking next years event. I know we will get we contracted for and if there is a problem with a guest room we will have it taken care before the working session is over. Our particpants look forward to this training session each year even though it happend during a weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront and have private balconies so you can not go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank str8edge3
Bobvone49, General Manager at Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
I’m so glad to know that you enjoyed your time with us; we look forward to welcoming you back next year!