“I loved it and I am going back!”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I Loved Ramada Inn at the beach. I prefer the 5 star time share resorts at the beach (you can rent them even if you are not an owner), but my budget this year didn't allow it! The Ramada valet parking is awesome and front/desk lobby area looks clean and modern. The room was nice, I did experct a fridge and microwave for the price; but you can get one for $10 extra per day. There are three best things about the resport: the oceanfront location and views (sunrise was incredible); Mahia Mah's being connected (great food!) and the live music nightly right next door (ends early enough to get a good night's sleep). Loved the huge bed and fresh linens. The down side was an indoor poos vs outdoor. The pool area looked old and didn't look that well kept. All that said..I am going back for a mini weekend break in Septmember, so I must love it!

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure your accomodations are correct (special requests like fridge, etc)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Room was clean and quiet (yay!). Bed extremely comfortable and every room had an ocean view. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Right at the south end of the board walk. Complimentary valet parking was a nice surprise. The only down side is the price (as with all beach hotels in August), but was a good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here for 7 days. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help or answer questions. CONS: Cleaning crew. We ran out of toilet paper twice and both times we had to "go find" some more because it was overlooked during cleaning. Probably because the bathroom was never cleaned while we were there, only towels were replaced. Don't count on getting new coffee packets either. We had to hunt those down as well since the crew didn't notice we had drank the coffee. Our sheets were only cleaned once during our stay only because we stripped our sheets to help them get the picture :) No refridgerator or microwave in standard rooms. You must pay an extra $10+ a day for each. PROS: All the rooms face the beach so no room has a bad view. We enjoyed a beautiful sunrise every morning. Valet parking staff was awesome. Great balcony for ppl watching and views of the boardwalk and beach. We even got to see dolphins from our balcony! Kids enjoyed the bike rentals just outside of the hotel. Hotel is connected to Mahi Mah's restaurant. Coupons available for breakfast and lunch.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for use of fridge and microwave. Saves on cost of going out to eat.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CzechZuzka
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Great restaurant bar just inside. Valet guys and gals are real cool. Covered parking is just accross the street. Live bands play right outside at night. The place is right on a good spot on the boardwalk. Bar staff is great and the food is awesome too. Rooms are all ocean view.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank peleliu08
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Just back from 4 nights at the Ramada on the Beach. First, the positives... Hotel was fairly clean. It's a constant battle for them to keep up with the sand. Did a pretty good job with that. Concierge was very friendly and helpful. The view was amazing, especially the sunrise and watching dolphins play. Mahi Mah's is the restaurant in the hotel. It is a great place to eat and have some fun. Food is incredible and they have music playing which makes it very lively. On the side of the hotel, they have a band playing every night for a few hours. Very fun and the bands were great. It's loud enough for you to enjoy on your balcony, but if you don't want to listen, close the balcony door and it won't bother you. Bike rentals right outside the door!
Now, the cons...no outdoor pool. With my 10 year old, that would have made a huge difference. The front desk, although not rude...just had no personality. Didn't go out of their way to please. A smile wouldn't kill them. I called down a couple times for items. Once I had to call down several hours later to remind them. Once I called down specifically for DECAF coffee. I was thrilled to see someone in under 2 minutes!!! Unfortunately, after I drank a pot of it, I realized they gave me regular coffee. Heart is still pounding. Now, the room... it's small. Bathroom is tiny. In order to close the door, you need to squeeze between the toilet and the sink. That got old! The bed was uncomfortable for me and hurt my back and neck. Blanket consisted of a sheet, thin blanket, and another sheet on top. Thought that was weird and wished it had a comforter. AC worked but very loud. Hard to get the right temperature. Directly in front of this hotel on the beach is an unsightly black drain that is used to drain excess water from the inlet. This didn't bother me until the 2 nights they were draining. The water is black and they ran it for 13 hours straight! Now the water was dirty by the hotel and I wouldn't go in it. I had my fill of the ocean my first couple days anyway. Not the fault of the hotel of course, but still didn't make me happy.
Would I go back there? Yeah...but I'd like to try somewhere else first with an outdoor pool and maybe a bit more on the middle of the strip. Think it was a tad overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Good place to stay. Very nice accommodations. The ac unit quit in our room but maintenance had it replaced within hours. Staff very helpful and friendly. Pool and hot tub are nice. Location is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rjr1012
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend of the 2011 Patriotic Festival. The parking is not on site, but just across the street and you can check in out front so you don't have to drag your bags across the street. The lobby was clean and inviting and desk clerks were friendly. We were happy that Mahi Mahs was a part of the hotel since we'd heard such great things about their food. Upon entering our room, we found it to be clean. It offered a great view of the beach and also of the stage for the Patriotic Festival. Of course, it was loud when the concert was going on, and that was to be expected, but when the concert was not going on, we didn't hear anyone in the hallway or above us. When we called housekeeping for extra supplies, they were delivered right away. The only drawback is that the staff use the same elevator as guests and there are only two pretty slow elevators. You're honestly better off using the stairs. We attended an event in one of their reception rooms one of the evenings and everything was absolutely top notch, from the set up, to the food, to the open bar selection. Mahi Mahs is a great restaurant too! We found the concierge to be very helpful as well. It's not a 5 star luxury hotel, but it's a quiet beachfront hotel with great service and that was enough to please us during our stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple