“Awesome place to Stay”

Ramada Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Great restaurant bar just inside. Valet guys and gals are real cool. Covered parking is just accross the street. Live bands play right outside at night. The place is right on a good spot on the boardwalk. Bar staff is great and the food is awesome too. Rooms are all ocean view.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank peleliu08

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Just back from 4 nights at the Ramada on the Beach. First, the positives... Hotel was fairly clean. It's a constant battle for them to keep up with the sand. Did a pretty good job with that. Concierge was very friendly and helpful. The view was amazing, especially the sunrise and watching dolphins play. Mahi Mah's is the restaurant in the hotel. It is a great place to eat and have some fun. Food is incredible and they have music playing which makes it very lively. On the side of the hotel, they have a band playing every night for a few hours. Very fun and the bands were great. It's loud enough for you to enjoy on your balcony, but if you don't want to listen, close the balcony door and it won't bother you. Bike rentals right outside the door!
Now, the cons...no outdoor pool. With my 10 year old, that would have made a huge difference. The front desk, although not rude...just had no personality. Didn't go out of their way to please. A smile wouldn't kill them. I called down a couple times for items. Once I had to call down several hours later to remind them. Once I called down specifically for DECAF coffee. I was thrilled to see someone in under 2 minutes!!! Unfortunately, after I drank a pot of it, I realized they gave me regular coffee. Heart is still pounding. Now, the room... it's small. Bathroom is tiny. In order to close the door, you need to squeeze between the toilet and the sink. That got old! The bed was uncomfortable for me and hurt my back and neck. Blanket consisted of a sheet, thin blanket, and another sheet on top. Thought that was weird and wished it had a comforter. AC worked but very loud. Hard to get the right temperature. Directly in front of this hotel on the beach is an unsightly black drain that is used to drain excess water from the inlet. This didn't bother me until the 2 nights they were draining. The water is black and they ran it for 13 hours straight! Now the water was dirty by the hotel and I wouldn't go in it. I had my fill of the ocean my first couple days anyway. Not the fault of the hotel of course, but still didn't make me happy.
Would I go back there? Yeah...but I'd like to try somewhere else first with an outdoor pool and maybe a bit more on the middle of the strip. Think it was a tad overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Good place to stay. Very nice accommodations. The ac unit quit in our room but maintenance had it replaced within hours. Staff very helpful and friendly. Pool and hot tub are nice. Location is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rjr1012
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for the weekend of the 2011 Patriotic Festival. The parking is not on site, but just across the street and you can check in out front so you don't have to drag your bags across the street. The lobby was clean and inviting and desk clerks were friendly. We were happy that Mahi Mahs was a part of the hotel since we'd heard such great things about their food. Upon entering our room, we found it to be clean. It offered a great view of the beach and also of the stage for the Patriotic Festival. Of course, it was loud when the concert was going on, and that was to be expected, but when the concert was not going on, we didn't hear anyone in the hallway or above us. When we called housekeeping for extra supplies, they were delivered right away. The only drawback is that the staff use the same elevator as guests and there are only two pretty slow elevators. You're honestly better off using the stairs. We attended an event in one of their reception rooms one of the evenings and everything was absolutely top notch, from the set up, to the food, to the open bar selection. Mahi Mahs is a great restaurant too! We found the concierge to be very helpful as well. It's not a 5 star luxury hotel, but it's a quiet beachfront hotel with great service and that was enough to please us during our stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I am currently staying in this hotel, and if i wasn't checking out tomorrow morning I would leave.
I understand this is a holiday weekend....that being said, then do not promise what you cannot deliver.
I am traveling alone with two toddlers...check in/valet process was frustrating. Affiliated/attached restaurant gave horrible customer service, and requesting my vehicle be brought out of valet by front desk (because valet phone stayed unanswered for 10min) ended with being hung up on after I thanked the agent for following through on something I was told could be done for me. (I was told upon check in all I would need to do was call to request my car be brought around. When valet would not answer, I called the front desk who told me I would need to physically come down, request my car, and wait because they were busy.)

I initially wanted to book my reservation with the Ocean Club Resort, but because they were booked, the Ramada was recommended...I should've just skipped the trip - NOT worth $259 a night!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is towards the previous comment of the resort, "NO ROOM IN THE INN" lady.

I have reviewed your message towards this hotel, i know that they are wanting to say something but they can't due to it's not in their place. But I am a front desk manager at another resort and i can let you know that pretty much all hotels and resorts are the same. First night deposit is required for everyone, doesn't matter if you booked months in advance.. so has everyone else. Also rooms are not guaranteed to be close to each other, alot of times its impossible to do so because it depends on the stay overs, if they have groups that are already assigned to that floor, ect. It was also very nice of the manager to give you free breakfast, and a discount on the room. I also want to mention that sometimes stuff happens maybe they had several housekeepers call out and thats probably why your room wasn't ready by their check in time. Just keep in mind that no one is perfect, im sure that in your line of work stuff happens. There is alot of worse things in life.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed April 22, 2011

30 ladies from Lake Gaston (North Carolina) arrived at the Ramada Inn at 615 Atlantic Ave., Virginia Beach, Va. at 5:30 pm on April 20 to find that they were not prepared for us. We had all reserved and paid for our rooms months in advance and asked that we all be put on the same floor. A couple of weeks prior to our arrival, I contacted the hotel to verify they had reservations for everyone in our party. Not only were we on various floors, but some of our rooms were not even cleaned yet and ready for occupancy. The place was mobbed with a long line of people checking in and they seemed overwhelmed and unprepared for the crowd. People in our group had to put their luggage in the rooms that were ready and wait. We were told that they had overbooked and allowed people to check out late that day due to the nice weather!!!!

After someone in our party called the night manager, while we were out to dinner, the night manager finally agreed to give us a discount on our rooms and a free breakfast. While this was a nice thing to do, nevertheless I can't understand why our rooms were not ready for us at 5:30 in the evening when they knew we were coming (we were prepaid, after all). I've never experienced a situation like this.

The rooms had a great view, were clean and comfortable, but it would have been nice to have had a small refrigerator in the room. They really need to get their act together and be more efficient with their reservations system.
Pat DeJesu, Littleton NC