“Coming back home”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
Ranked #60 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I used to live in the area, and haven't been back in about 8 months. I was traveling alone to visit friends. I had shopped around a bit at several hotels in/near Virginia Beach Town Center. This area is home to me, so it's the first time I've ever had to consider a hotel around here. This location is right in the heart of Virginia Beach...so close to everything! It was nice that I could easily get around town without having to drive forever, deal with parking issues, or traffic. I unfortunately had to bring work with me, so the fact that my room has a large desk made things much easier to get a lot accomplished. Can't beat the free internet access...especially because other hotels that were close by charged around $10 a night. The girls at the front desk were great. They answered all of my questions and offered me an extended check out for being a priority club member. It was nice to see a staff that recognized me after my inital check-in and greeted me/smiled whenever they saw me pass by the desk. Even the housekeeping staff smiled whenever I passed them. If you're a Priority Club member, like myself, there were lots of benefits. I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant, but when passing by I can say that the food smelled delicious. I don't have time to travel down that way often, but I don't think I'll ever have to shop around for a hotel again when coming home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Management response:Responded February 11, 2011

Thank You for your comments. The staff and management of the Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach truly appreciate your patronage. Please let me know next time you are coming back home to us.

Again

Mark Smith

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center

Reviewed February 2, 2011

The customer service was outstanding all around the hotel. Savannah Miller and her staff were standouts in a hotel where everyone seemed to be trying to go the extra mile to make sure that each guest felt at home.

I would definitely love the opportunity to stay there again and would recommend this hotel in the future to all my friends and family when planning a trip to Virginia Beach. Great location, a fantastic health club & pool and a great atmosphere made this a very pleasurable stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 11, 2011

Thank You for nice comments. It is gratifying to all of us here when guest are satisfied with their temporary home away from home.

Mark

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My group stayed at the Bonney Road, Crowne Plaza in Virginia Beach and the service was simply the best!

Kudos to the entire staff for making each of us feel special and for doing more than the norm to ensure each of us were comfortable/satisfied.

I would not hesitate calling Crowne Plaza (Kristen Shelton) to coordinate our stay when the opportunity present itself again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 19, 2010

Thank You for your comments with regard to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach hotel.I will pass on your nice words about Kristen, they are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza your next time time in Virginia Beach.

Mark Smith

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We reserved one room at a good rate. When we arrived we sought to obtain two rooms and since the parking lot was empty we figured no problem. We were told that the hotel was virtually empty. However, they could not accommodate us because a large number of people had checked out that day and since nobody was scheduled to check in the rooms were not cleaned. This was a clue that trouble lay ahead. I mean, if the policy was to leave rooms dirty until it was anticipated that the room would be needed, that was not a good sign. We got to our room which included a fold out couch. However, when I unfolded the couch the bed was not made and no sheets were in sight. I called to the front desk to ask that that be taken care of. About three hours later we returned to find two sheets folded and lying on the arm of the couch. True! We made the bed ourselves but still needed pillows and a blanket. I called the front desk and explained what had happened. No apology but blanket and pillows promised. Two hours later I had to call and tell them not to bother since my kids were going to sleep and I didn't want them to be woken if the staff suddenly decided to bring the blanket and pillows at 2:00 am or some such thing. Other than that bathroom was not really clean and the place is worn down. Not what I would normally expect from a Crowne Plaza.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank fingertraveler
Management response:Responded September 8, 2010

Thank You for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry you encountered the conditions you mentioned in your review. They are not I assure you the standard at our Crowne Plaza.

We are centrally located to the beach and other locations in the Hampton roads area, it is our wish to keep valued customes such as you coming back.

Please let me know if you are ever in the Virginia Beach area again. I appreaciate it if you would give us another chance to dazzle you.

Thanks
Mark Smith GM

Reviewed August 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I made the mistake of staying in the "executive suite" which offered the great jaccuzzi tub but is unfortunately right outside the devil known as the ice machine! We thought it was rather convenient to be very close to the elevators and right in front of the ice machine... well boy were we wrong!

The ice machine didn't bother us much at first until it was already 4am and still going.. and then kept going til we decided to check out of the hotel. Apparently our entire floor was getting their coolers filled up for the beach.... From 4am to 9am I tried to get some rest but the ice machine from hell wouldn't stop going!

The room itself was dated but clean and the jacuzzi tub definitely helped relax us after a 5 hour trip to get to Virginia Beach. The hotel staff was friendly and check-in was a breeze. I would definitely stay there again however will explicitly request to be as far away from the ice machine as possible!

Also the hotel is approximately 15 minutes from the beach and they have a great coupon to park at a hotel that is oceanfront for only $7 for the entire day. Definitely a good deal!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 8, 2010

Thank you for your review. I am sorry the ice machine disturbed your stay. It is our desire to have guests such as yourself enjoys a good night sleep. If you plan to return to our area please contact me and consider giving us another chance.

Thanks
Mark Smith GM

Reviewed August 4, 2010

For my work I frequently stay at hotels in northern Virginia and in the Hampton Roads area. In the last several years I have stayed at many hotels in these areas, some of them many times each. (I did not rate "value" only because my employer picks up the tab.) I usually receive quite satisfactory service at the front desk at all these hotels. At one hotel, however, the service at the desk is in a class apart. I have stayed frequently at the Crowne Plaza on Bonney Road in Virginia Beach since 2006. The present desk staff and especially the desk managers there are a truly extraordinary team of professionals. I have written this review because it is my strong conviction that such rare excellence should not go unappreciated.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife and I traveled to VA Beach for our aniversary. We stayed at two different hotels, and couldn't believe the way that this property stood out against the "competition". I work in the hotel industry and I know how difficult it can be to deliver service, value, quality/ cleanliness, and hard-to-beat amenities.

From the moment we stepped through the door, this hotel performed on all fronts. We were greeted with a smile, even though we were checking in a few hours before the check-in time (instead of the usual huffing response of "Well, check in isn't until 3pm."). The attendant who checked us in noted from our reservation that it was our aniversary, offered us a complimentary upgrade, and began to describe wonderful local dining and attractions for such an occassion.

When we got to the room, our delights continued. The suite upgrade was BEAUTIFUL. It was spacious, had a clean and up-to-date appearance, and even had a hot tub which was inviting with modern styling (not like most hotel hot tubs which I usually avoid like the plague).

When we left for the evening, we walked past the desk and the attendant asked us if we would like to use the parking agreement that they have in place with a sister hotel on the beach. Talk about a value add!

Even though this property is a little older, it is a clear demonstration that service (and a stong staff) cannot be beat. We loved our stay and it was definitely the people who worked there who made the difference. Please stay at this hotel -- you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple