Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
$194
$169
GardenInn.com
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$176
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
$110
$92
$81
Country Inn
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
$206
$189
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$96
$92
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$140
$125
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet floorthe concierge levelfront desksister hotelbreakfast buffetroom was clean and comfortableolder hotelmini fridgeeach morningcoffee makerdefinitely stay here againlobbyhousekeepingnorfolkfixtureslaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had reservations for this hotel. We arrived at approximately 11pm. Started getting an uneasy feeling from the moment we pulled into the parking lot. We noticed a LOT of people in the parking lot, so obviously partying in the lot...get closer to the front door, there is not a parking space to be found in the entire lot. There was a biker rally, and apparenly a wedding going on at the hotel. So we continued to circle the lot...and circle...finally we gave up even trying to find a spot...pull up to the front. There were hundred of people spilling out from the front of the place and the lobby was full of more of the partiers. We decide with all the action we have seen outside that we didn't get the warm fuzzies about staying here. I go in and speak to the front desk person...I advise him that we can't find a parking spot. He stated I could try one of the adjacent businesses, or the funeral home...and told me where HE had to park tonight. I asked for him to just cancel our reservations. He did without a problem.

The parking at this hotel is inadequate...they either need to expand their parking by building a garage, or realize they can not hold events when they can't offer adequate parking for PAYING guests. And if they DO have events...they need to have some kind of security in the parking lots. My advice to you if you are considering is to call ahead and SEE if they are having an event, otherwise you could be parking at the funeral home and praying your car does not get towed before sun up.

• Stayed: May 2010
4  Thank bigolepig
Reviewed April 17, 2010

First of all this place advertises that they are close to the beach, but in face you need a taxi to get to the beach. My boyfriend and cheaked in and paid $230 for 2 nights, I expected a rather nice hotel room. But to my surpise, its very worn down, rust, and a shower that I didn't want to be barefoot in. The best part of the hotel was the bartender. He was wonderful! The front desk people are not informed on the hotel at all and it was so out of there way to find out simple things for us like resturant hours. By far the worst thing about this hotel is their room service hours. They do NOT serve room service during the day on the WEEKENDS! I am on vacation, I would like to sleep in and order breakfast. So I called downstairs to find out our other options and I was tolld that if I wanted I can come downstairs and get so pizza delivery menus. Are you kidding. So much more to say but in a nut shell don't stay here...pay the extra and go somewhere nicer or pay $50 somewhere else and get the same accomidations.

2  Thank holly1788
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in..
I was quite embarassed as I assured my partner it was gonna be perfect.
There we're things almost growing out of the really noisy air conditioner grates..
Full of dirt and peeling paint.
The room was awful..a groung level dark place facing the busy highway..
Lousy desk service ..so unhelpful and almost unwilling..
We had no idea where we were in relation to virginia beach and norfolk and they did'nt help us nor did they have a map.
We just had to order taxis for even basic things that were just around the corner because we didnt know where we were in relation to anything..
Arrived back in the bar at 2305 for a night cap to be told it was closed..no residends privelege..Come on ...
Smoking was encouraged in the bar which was very open to the non despricpt lobby.
The hotel is also adjacent to a crazy high way which is busy all day and night.
We would never stay here again..just plain awful

Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mike2950
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is just a 6 minute drive to downtown Va Beach / boardwalk area. It is located in a quite area very close to all kinds of shopping/bars/restaurants. Beautiful hotel for a fraction of the cost of the hotels near the beach and much nicer. There is a fabulous restaurant and bar in the beautiful lobby. The only disappointment was the hot tub in the pool area was out of service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Virginia Beach and it was wonderful all of the staff was great from the moment I entered the hotel. The front desk was so friendly they printed me out directions to some local restaurants and even gave me a upgrade for being a prority club member I enjoyed this hotel and will stay with them the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple