Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Louisville, KY
“Just ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2007

I definitely expect more from a Crowne Plaza. This is clearly an older hotel that has been refurbished. The lobby is quite nice, but you can quickly tell the hotels age one you get to a room. I was initially given a executive suite on the fifth floor - after exercising, I wanted to use the shower. It was not only dirty, but it didn't work. The front desk was very prompt in providing me another room on a different floor. The rooms are acceptable, but the cleanlisness needs improvement. Again, the bathroom was not super clean, but the showe did work this time and with great water pressure. Great selection of tv channels, comfortable beds, free wi-fi and acceptable work out facilities. Was fine for a night, but I would not have been happy for longer.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank UMS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2006

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. When we arrived we found ourselves upgraded to the top floor (quiet zone). What a brill idea - no kids, no noise and no housekeeping before 10 am! We wanted to stay on Virginia Beach itself but as all of the hotels in our price range were booked up we opted for this one which is a few miles from the beach. Knowing now (it was 4 July weekend) how busy the beach area was we are pleased that we made this choice so we had a quiet retreat away from the hussle and bustle of the beach area. The indoor pool looked nice but we didn't have the time to try it out. There was also a small outside garden area which didn't seem to be used much. All in all a pleasant stay and we would use this hotel again if in the area.

2 Thank FizzUk
charleston sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

We(family of four) stayed at the Crown Plaza during the Fourth of July holiday weekend and it is a nice hotel. It's not far from any ot the city's attractions such as the beach, downtown Norfolk and the Military Base.
Around the corner from a Wendy's and McDonalds but be careful because you may end up on the interstate. Mount Trashmore is across the highway from the hotel, an interesting park you must visit.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are nicely decorated and of average size.
The bathroom could have been larger and the shower/tub updated but the countertop is of a nice marble look. Free newspaper and coffee in the lobby.
There is an indoor pool and hot tubs as well as an exercise room. Patio tables and chairs outside of the pool area. Maid service was prompt and the staff was helpful and friendly. We didnt eat in the resturant but it was always full of other tenants, familyreunion group and girls soccer team. These groups did add life to the hotel.
If you want a nice place to stay away from the beach crowd and high prices, this hotel is worth a try.

• Stayed July 2005
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Honey11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2005

Everything went perfect. Check in was fast with 2 families of 5. We had our rooms right next to each other, which most hotels hardly ever can do. The wedding reception was a big hit. People stayed until the very end and all the food was delicious. The Gallery Ballroom is wonderful for receptions since it resembles a renovated night club. The sleeping rooms are all brand new and they include sleep amenties. I will be back at the Crowne Plaza. Call Mae Daly for any reception/meeting planning. 757-213-4388.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2005

I was pleasantly pleased and surpised at the quality of service at the hotel. This was my first visit to any Crowne Plaza facility, and the greet staff were very accommodating. I stayed for 4 nights on business in Janaury 2005. I took ill my second day in the city, and felt HORRIBLE. I called downstairs at 4am asked if there were teabags, and the attendant said there were. I threw a jacket on over my pjs, slipped on tennis, and by the time I got to the elevator, a staff member was there smiling with 6 bags of tea. It was very unexpected but much appreciated. I also asked about grocery stores in the area so I could get cold medicine, and the attendant quickly printed a list of local stores for me, with phone numbers included.

As far as appearance goes, the lobby was immaculate. My room on the seventh floor was quite tidy when I arrived. On the bed were an eye mask, ear plugs, and a soothing sounds CD and lavender spritz to help with sleeping. Excellent touch! Though the room view was lackluster - a highway and forest - there were plenty of options for my viewing pleasure. Plenty of local channels and cable channels to access free of charge, no need to purchase movies. I ordered room service twice during my stay and it was prompt and accurate each time. The only downsides were the itsby bitsy teeny weeny bathroom and the equally miniature bathtub, which was dirty when I arrived, and the "wireless" internet was not compatible with my brand new HP laptop. But those were minor elements, considering the easy time I had there. The cleaning staff were two very nice elderly women who took their time cleaning my room. Oh, and the paper delivery each day (complimentary) was nice. Grade A!

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2004

We went to this hotel on July 15-19.When we first arrived at the hotel check in was smooth. We stayed in the "VIP/ jacuzzi suite" which was okay. We noticed that the ceiling was leaking over the jacuzzi, maintance was called, and they informed us that another couple over flooded the jacuzzi. The next morning we were up and out by 9am, when we came back several hours later the room was still not cleaned. We left again, same thing. At this time we called the front desk to find out when our room would be cleaned. They said sometime within the hour, and that housekeeping was extremely busy. 8 hours later we came back and the room was still not touched. Finally the lady came and cleaned it but did a "half ass" job. We didn't leave the room a mess but the bed needed to be made up. We were also Crowne Plaza club members. One of the "perks" was late check out. We were informed that it was "subject to each hotel." Needless to say our "late checkout" turned out to be 1/2 hour later.In conclusion the hotel was nice and close to several food places. The people are okay, jacuzzi and pool nice. Only the service is a notch below average. I would stay there again but only if somewhere else that we wanted to stay was all booked.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2004

I stayed there in April 2004. This was my first trip to the Virginia Beach area and I attended a seminar in the hotel. Room was comfortable. Hotel is in an inconvenient location if you don't have a car. Fortunately, I had a friend who lived in the area who was able to pick me up during the evenings and drive me around the area. Restaurant served fairly good food but, perhaps because I was there during the off-season, it was often empty...which I guess is a good thing if you don't want to wait for service. The one night when I had dinner there I had a chef's special mixed seafood grill for under $17, which was much cheaper and just as good as the meals I had at restaurants near the beach. Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member