While in town for a friend's wedding, I stayed 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza with friends. We had two double beds and a cot. I wasn't expecting much from the cot, but it was another double bed unto itself, which was great, despite making the room a bit of a tight squeeze. One of my first experiences in the hotel room though was finding a booger -- yes, an unmistakable one -- in a folded towel. I was pretty horrified but the front desk was friendly and graciously replaced the towels (the rest of which were booger-free, thank goodness). The maid service left something to be desired in that she didn't give us replacement toilet paper the first day, and showed up way too early (9 am) to actually clean up the second day.
The pool area looks a bit old and tired, and the hot tub had a low water level and was not very hot, but it was clean enough. If you don't have a car (most people will I imagine), there is a Wendy's and a 7-11 within walking distance, though it does require crossing a fairly busy road with no crosswalk. Room service food was okay, but arrived quickly, and the guy who brought it up was very nice. My top praise for the Crowne Plaza, though, is reserved for the breakfast buffet at the Tines. There was an omelet bar, waffle maker with toppings, grits, sausage, bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, fruit, cereal -- I could live the rest of my life eating nothing but this breakfast buffet. I ate it 3 days in a row and it was definitely one of the high points of my trip. :)
The wireless internet was also very nice and easy to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach is located in the heart of the Town Center Business District, allowing corporate and leisure travelers easy access to Va. Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake. We are just minutes from restaurants, shopping, attractions, military bases and the beach (8 miles) with convenient access to Interstates 264 and 64. The Crowne Plaza is within easy reach of Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel offers 12,000 feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. Each guest room offers free wireless high speed Internet voice mail, coffee makers, make up mirrors, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which includes upgraded bedding, sleep amenities and more. Tines Restaurant & Aqua Bar features a wide range of food and beverage with, free wireless high speed Internet and wired high speed connections in the lobby. Additional amenities include an indoor pool, saunas, free business center with HSIA, 24 hour fitness center , gift shop and FREE shutle nightly to and from the Town Center entertainment area. Attractions: the Va. Science Museum, Verizon Amphitheater, and the Va. Sportsplex. The nearby Town Center features restaurants such as the Cheesecake factory, PF Chang, Ruth's Chris, Max & Erma s, and many more. Companies: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Keane Inc., BB&T, SAIC, Amsec, Best Buy, Circuit City, Ford, EDS, and Ecolochem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Virginia Beach
- Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Crowne Plaza