We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend.Upon arriving late on Friday night we were originally given a room with a single king size bed and pull out sofa. We had our 2 kids with us so I called to the front desk and asked if they could move us to a room with double beds. The guy helping us (I think his name was Jason) was great and managed to get us a new room even though they were pretty booked up.
The hotel lobby is nice with a seating area, bar and restaurant. There is a small room with a couple of computers if you need it and snacks available 24 hours. There are also facilities on site for hosting weddings and parties. We were told that parking may become an issue on Saturday night as they had a big party booked in one of the rooms but we didn't have an issue.
The room itself was decent. Flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Plenty of bath towels and a hair dryer. Free wifi was definitely a plus. In my opinion one of the best features of this hotel is the location. There are restaurants, fast food, a movie theater and department stores are all located within a 2 mile radius. very easy access to the highway and just a 10 minute drive to the beach. The indoor pool was great considering it was rather cold on Saturday. Apparently there used to be a hot tub but that has been completely removed.
About the only issue we had was a group of loud teenage girls on either side of us. I'm not sure if the walls are really thin or the girls were really loud. Fortunately it was for only 1 night.
Overall we had a great weekend and would definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach is located in the heart of the Town Center Business District, allowing corporate and leisure travelers easy access to Va. Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake. We are just minutes from restaurants, shopping, attractions, military bases and the beach (8 miles) with convenient access to Interstates 264 and 64. The Crowne Plaza is within easy reach of Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel offers 12,000 feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. Each guest room offers free wireless high speed Internet voice mail, coffee makers, make up mirrors, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which includes upgraded bedding, sleep amenities and more. Tines Restaurant & Aqua Bar features a wide range of food and beverage with, free wireless high speed Internet and wired high speed connections in the lobby. Additional amenities include an indoor pool, saunas, free business center with HSIA, 24 hour fitness center , gift shop and FREE shutle nightly to and from the Town Center entertainment area. Attractions: the Va. Science Museum, Verizon Amphitheater, and the Va. Sportsplex. The nearby Town Center features restaurants such as the Cheesecake factory, PF Chang, Ruth's Chris, Max & Erma s, and many more. Companies: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Keane Inc., BB&T, SAIC, Amsec, Best Buy, Circuit City, Ford, EDS, and Ecolochem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Virginia Beach
- Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Crowne Plaza