“Great Service”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I didn't stay at the hotel, but travelled there to hear a great keyboardist - Robbin King. We had a wonderful time listening to the music. The service was great! We decided to come just for an evening of entertainment and of course - dessert!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkSmith1024, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank You for your nice comments. Our new menu includes Tapas items for the Agua lounge which are ideal for having while relaxing to jazz.

Mark Smith CHA GM

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here on 3/31/13. I was accompanying my husband who was traveling overnight on business. Check in was a breeze and we were even able to check in a little early. There are renovations ongoing but I wasnot bothered by it at all. The workers I ran into were all polite and friendly. We were in an older room but it was clean and had everything we needed. Bed was sooooo comfortable! We were on the highway side and were not disturbed by traffic noise but we are both deep sleepers.

We used the pool and it was awesome. Perfect temp and we were the only ones there which was nice (it was a Sunday afternoon and we got lucky I guess!). The one strange thing was that the hottub was not functional and was filled with sand! I guess that is a safety measure but sand was tracked onto the tile and into the pool. Not a huge deal, just odd.

The bartender at Aqua, Tim, is AWESOME!!! Sunday evening my husband and I decided to go out for dinner. Before leaving we stopped into Aqua and Tim made me a fabulous cocktail and gave us recomendations for dinner. Had such a good time we stopped back at Aqua when we returned from dinner. He really git our night off to a great start. Carlos drove us to dinner in the shuttle and when we were ready to be picked up we just gave a call to the hotel. Carlos was also super friendly. The area shuttle is a nice perk!

We will definitely return the next time we are in Virginia Beach. Can't wait to try a renovated room. But no matter what, the staff we encountered we all awesome and helped make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkSmith1024, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank You I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you return soon to the exciting things that are happening here soon. The hotel is in its final stages of refreshing our rooms while public areas are slated for next fall. Unfortunately you witnessed the beginning of the elimination of our Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was not able to meet some of the new federal requirements so we have to remove it. Thank you for mentioning our staff members by name they will receive reorganization cards for our employee reorganization program.

Mark Smith CHA GM

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel to Va. Beach on business once a year and always stay at the Crowne Plaza. It is simply the best! A comfortable, clean and elegantly appointed room accompanied by the nicest staff you can imagine. The staff made restaurant, mall and taxi recommendations and kindly gave me very specific driving instructions as well. If you're on business and need to stay near the Town Center, there is no better choice than the Crowne Plaza. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

While the hotel itself isn't cushy or posh, it is a nice place for the money. The desk personnel coudn't have been friendlier. The room was clean, large enough, and had a coffee maker, which is getting harder to come by. I was disappointed that the hotel wasn't within walking distance of Town Center, as the name would make it seem, and the shuttle doesn't run til 5.

The restaurant was suprisingly good for such a small property. I had dinner there, and then met friends for breakfast.

With a car, it is very convenient to Town Center, the beach, and other attractions. My purpose was a short business trip. I would go back again if business took me there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed February 14, 2013

So this was my first time staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at VA in Towne Center. I wasn't sure what to expect as I normally stay in Chesapeake, but friends and family convinced me to stay closer to the 'hot spots'.

The hotel lobby is very large, and quite nice. Check in was a breeze and the front desk receptionist was very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was nice. I normally like to have a room with separate living and sleeping quarters, but since I was only going to be there for 2 nts, this was fine. The only thing that I really didn't like...the euro style pillows. I can't understand those! The room was rather clean and spacious. The bathroom was the regular bathroom (sink, toilet and shower ) all in one room (haha). There was a microwave and mini fridge for your convenience, as well.

This is good for a quick stay and should be fine for most. For longer stays with perhaps kids, you may need to invest in another option.But I enjoyed my stay here, and will likely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shars123
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times the last few years and while its not a bad hotel in my opinion, you can find a better place at a comprable price. The hotel is older and no doubt been renovated several times. Rooms are clean and staff friendly and professional fo the most part. The biggest problem I have with this hotel is its very noisey. The interstate is RIGHT next to the hotel and the noise from traffic is quite bad. The last few times I requested a room away from the interstate but its not really much better on the other side. There seems to be construction going on back there as well as dumpsters that require dumping daily at early times. The back up beepers will wake you unless your a very hevy sleeper plus the banging from construction starts early as well. Another problem was the housekeepers. I'm an honors club member and one of the spifs is a late checkout...2:00PM. I love this as I generally stay out late and sleep late. Well, apparently this information isnt forwarded to the houskeepers. I was awakened by a knock at about 11:30 AM. I asked them to come back later. Well, they did. About 12:30 they attempted to enter the room using a pass key. When the safety latch prevented them from completely opening the door, it banged loudly and the maid said "oh S@!^$" !!! Then she closed the door and about 20 minutes later knocked and said "housekeeping" I told her that I have a late checkout. She apologised and said she was sorry. At that point I just got up and showered to leave. Upon exiting the room the maid was next door and she came out and apologised for the multiple disturbances. I think she heard me on the phone explaining what had happened to my friend. I had a drink at the bar the night before. I arrived just as last call was called. 11:00 PM , which in my opinion is a little early. I think there is a night club attached to the hotel but in the many times I've stayed there I never went inside. I've stayed in many hotels in Virginia Beach over the last three years and while the prices are good at this location, in season and out, considering the noise, I'd rather pay a little more and stay right on the ocean front.

Room Tip: Lower floor away from intersatate is the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Mike M,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. I am deeply sorry about the noise issues experienced. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I had a pleasant 2 nights while in Virginia Beach for a race. The original room we were given smelled like someone had just been smoking in it, but the staff quickly gave us a new room. The new room was clean and spacious with a mini fridge, microwave, and couch. This was our 3rd stay at this hotel in the past few years, and each stay has been without any issue that would cause us to stay elsewhere when visiting this part of town.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple