“Exceptional Stay.”

Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Stay.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are here for a 5 night stay in 616. We got an incredible rate on Priceline. The hotel is very clean, and the beds are super comfortable. The staff has all been extremely nice. I am pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Some items may seem a little older here and there (style wise) as others have mentioned, but nothing is damaged or in bad condition. It's simply a matter of taste, and the important things are upgraded....furniture, carpeting, etc. Overall, I am happier with this hotel, staff, amenities, and cleanliness than I have been in a while. I will definitely stay here anytime I am back in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly T
MarkSmith1024, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments we pride ourself on our coustomer service. Please look for our refresh that will be occuring starting in January 2013. Fell free to contact me on your next visit.

Mark Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

IMHO, We stayed to trick or treat for Halloween with my wife and daughter. It was a 57 plus tax on Hotwire via the hidden 3.5 star hotel option. We thought it was a great value for the money. It is comparable to the Hilton and Marriott we have stayed at, it was just a little worn in the hallways and lobby/restaurant. The room/bed was very good and we were satisfied. For 57 it was worth it since we normally stick to Marriott/Hilton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments nice comments. Look for our refresh in January 2013. Please feel free to contact me on your future stays.

Columbia, Maryland USA
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I picked up this hotel for 2 nights, getting a very good rate on Hotwire. At a low price,
I'd easily recommend this hotel to anybody. It is Crowne Plaza, a good brand, however
this hotel is showing some wear here and there. In our room 705, lots of things
were loose here & there. (e.g. chair handles, drawer handles, fridge cabinet, etc.) Some minor
issues. Toilet seat was old. However, it was clean, and carpet was clean, as was bed &
comforter, sheets, etc. The sofa-bed itself slept well, however, the mattress was thin/flat
in certain areas.

I'd rate this as a 3 star, however, the service was awesome and amazing. I had some special
needs (toothbrush, etc.) and staff was very good in providing. They had free wifi, and they didn't charge for coffee as well as toothbrush /toothpaste (that I had forgotten to bring). And since I got it at a great price, I was willing to overlook a little of the fade in the materials.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Helped plan a conference in Virginia Beach and this is the hotel we chose for our out of town guests. I actually chose to stay at the hotel also. Months before my event right up through my check out, the staff was always on point and helpful with anything needed. The lobby, hallways, elevators, and rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Loved that the hotel had an indoor pool, restaurant, and convenient to more restaurants, the mall, and other shopping, and the interstate.

Altoona
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We always use this hotel to stay for just a couple days. My brothers in the navy and lives in the appartment buildings just a couple blocks away from this hotel. We always stay for the air show. This hotel is very convient, it very easy to find, and the traffic is good. It is about 5 minutes from the beach, and its close to a shopping center. The staff is very friendly. The only thing this year was i noticied that the walls were thin, and i could hear the people in the room beside us practicing a speech, and later with a hangover. But other then that, this stay was a pleasant stay, and we will be returning next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one evening to attend a concert at Farm Bureau Live in Va Beach. It is convenient to I-264, just off the ramp, lot's of parking and near good resturants.The road to the venue is close and about 20 minutes to the venue.Good value, a nice room and no problems.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had stayed at the crowne plaza in dubai a couple of weeks earlier, so i thought that the service and ammenities were going to be about the same, but they were rather dissapointing. Staff seemed extremely indiferent, and would only release certain information to certain people (almost profiling). It really made me feel unwelcomed, even while iwa.wearing my navy uniform and gotten back from an 8 month deployment. All I was looking for was a familiar and comfortable feeling after being on a ship for a long time, but i could not get it from this particular hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank swatcho
Thank you for your comments we pride our self in our customer service and it is disappointing when I hear of indifference with our guest. Our hotel caters to many guest that serve our country and we are very thankful for your service. Please feel free to contact me personality on your next visit.