“Great Value for What you Pay”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center
Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My room was clean. The facility and all the furniture were well maintained. What most impressed me was the staff. They were extremely helpful and friendly. The restaurant on the first floor was phenomenal. I wish I could have stayed there another day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Best stay ever. Was 15 minutes from the beach. Great rooms, friendly service...overall wonderful stay! Will stay again!!!!! Private location, best stay in a while. Booked on hotwire and saved big time for this great hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I recently spent four nights at this hotel during a business trip and was disappointed . The hotel sits next to I-264, a busy expressway that runs between Norfolk and VA Beach. I stayed on the 6th floor facing the expressway and the road noise was extremely loud. On top of the road noise, the Air Conditioner in the room made so much noise that it would drown out the TV and wake me up when it cycled on and off. I reported this to the management who sent a maintenance technician to look at the AC. He did not seem to think there was anything unusual about the noisey AC. Other than that, the hotel was somewhat dated, but, clean. the room consisted of two full sized beds. The matresses were a little soft for my liking, but, not bad. There was a Microwave and fridge, flat panel 40-42" TV, desk with chair, and fairly decent wifi high speed internet access. I ran a speed test on the internet connection and was getting 1mb up and 1mb down speeds.
The room came with free breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby. The menu consisted of eggs, sausage,bacon, ham, potatoes, french toast, waffles, various pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, and various juices and coffee.
This hotel is located about half way from downtown Norfolk and the VA Beach Oceanfront. Easy access to the expressway. It is also located with in easy driving distance of numerous restaurants.
If you stay at the Crowne Plaza, I would recommend that you request a room as far away from the expressway as possible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the expressway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregory C
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed her for 2 nights and upon check in I was impressed with the service of the staff. They were very nice explaining the times of all the amenities on the property. They also explained that they have a sister hotel located on the beach where we were going to next day and said we could park there for $7 a day comapred to $20 at the garages at the beach. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The only small problem is they cleaned the pool at 6:30-7 at night when many families wanted to swim. Finally we were allowed in the swim but, the indoor pool area had so much cholrine it burned our eyes and the jacuzzi was very very very hot hot hot. Everyone was commenting on it and nobody braved going into it. Other than this I thought the staff and room was excellent. Normally I don't use the pool but, my daughter wanted to swim, so we did. If it wasn't for the pool issue I would have given this hotel a excellent rating. It has lots of amenities it's about 10 miles from the beach but, there are lots of resturants and shops nearby.

Room Tip: 10 miles from beach but, It was quiter and much cleaner than most of the ones right on the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrMouser
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My first impression was of an elegant lobby, and a great staff. I got here late so I went straight to bed. The next morning while taking a shower I noticed there was hair (not mine) all over the ceiling. After brushing my teeth I went to use the mouthwash and noticed that it was already used. I took my complaint to the front desk and was assured it would not happen again. Upon returning to my room that night the items had been fixed and I thought for sure well. The next morning I left my mouthwash in place to check the housekeeping staff was doing their jobs. I was disappointed when I returned to my room to find the mouthwash had not been replaced. The shower had apparently been renovated but there was still writing on the marble, and red marks where it had been cut. This is a hotel that is not really the quality of a Crown Plaza. Beds were a cheap mattress, rooms were small and decorated in a manner more fitting a Holiday Inn. The entrance to the lobby is littered with trash and cig butts. The guest coffee station at 7:00 AM on a weekday was out of condiments and littered with trash. All of the staff was friendly, the location was great, the breakfast delicious, but do not expect the eligance and "fluff" of the normal Crown Plaza. This hotel needs a downgrade based on the reality of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason A
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the idea of staying somewhere really nice and not too far away from the beach. Beach was only about a 10 minute car ride which was fine. Everything else was a huge let down. The pool was closed for the whole 3 days we were there. They kept promising it would be open within the hour every time we asked which never the case. The air conditioner in the room was so loud it woke me up every time it kicked on. There was mold in the bathroom all around the tub and sink. The toilet wasn't fixed to the floor. Every time you sat it would slide around. And for the price of the room you would think you could at least get free breakfast. Breakfast was not free and not cheap for that matter. He only positive thing to say is the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Algodfr
MarkSmith1024, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. Yes our pool due to heavy usage was closed of a 48 hr period in order to make conditions safe. The AC units were working at their capacity and if needed we changed them out per request. However the oppressive heat indexes, made some more uncomfortable than others. The Heat was so intense it did affect our elevator (we have two) for a short time. Our Breakfast room the Tines,offer a made to order omellete station and selection of fresh fruits and breads along with 10 other hot items to choose from for 10.95.

Please feel free to contact me directly
Mark smith GM

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was attending my family reunion was past weekend, we had 20+ rooms reserved. The air conditioning did not work( it was 100+ outside) when we complained we were told it is because of the weather. The staff's attitude toward our situation was like they didn't care. The customer service was horrible. The elevators always broken down, and the room service employees were very rude.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lori s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear lori s,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D