The hotel overall is nice and very clean. The room is small but doable.
There was only 2 drawers and we were 4 people so we had to try to make everything fit. I am very glad I brought extra hangers with us otherwise I would haven't have had any place for all our of clothes.
The bathroom is tiny. So small that if you put down the rug for the shower and you open the door, it moves the rug. It was mostly clean though with the exception of the air vent, that had a TON of dust on it. There is no exhaust fan so you have to wait for the bathroom to air out on its own.
The mattresses weren't horrible but weren't that great. Every hotel I've been to the bed was supported by a large frame. One bed wasn't supported at all so when we sat at the end of the bed, the part by the head board tipped up. Not very safe at all.
This hotel has an indoor pool which I thought would be great for the kids to use however it has WAY TOO MUCH chlorine in it. So much so that our eyes were burning just sitting there for the 45 mintues they were in and my son's eyes were blood shot for almost 48 hours after using the pool. We only stayed here to use the pool and we were only able to use it that 45 minutes.
So it's a nice hotel but next time we go back we won't be staying there. It wasn't worth it for us due to the pool being so unusable. We'll just stay at a regular hotel w/o a pool and save the extra $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach is located in the heart of the Town Center Business District, allowing corporate and leisure travelers easy access to Va. Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake. We are just minutes from restaurants, shopping, attractions, military bases and the beach (8 miles) with convenient access to Interstates 264 and 64. The Crowne Plaza is within easy reach of Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel offers 12,000 feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. Each guest room offers free wireless high speed Internet voice mail, coffee makers, make up mirrors, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which includes upgraded bedding, sleep amenities and more. Tines Restaurant & Aqua Bar features a wide range of food and beverage with, free wireless high speed Internet and wired high speed connections in the lobby. Additional amenities include an indoor pool, saunas, free business center with HSIA, 24 hour fitness center , gift shop and FREE shutle nightly to and from the Town Center entertainment area. Attractions: the Va. Science Museum, Verizon Amphitheater, and the Va. Sportsplex. The nearby Town Center features restaurants such as the Cheesecake factory, PF Chang, Ruth's Chris, Max & Erma s, and many more. Companies: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Keane Inc., BB&T, SAIC, Amsec, Best Buy, Circuit City, Ford, EDS, and Ecolochem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Virginia Beach
- Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Crowne Plaza