I was a little disappointed with our hotel room after reading all of the positive reviews about the hotel. We visited this hotel July 3rd-5th. The hotel lobby was nice and we were greeted warmly when we arrived to the hotel late at night. However, our room was average. The room was musty when we entered and looked dated. I was expecting a remodeled room. The bath tub was discolored, the bathroom was very small and the wall paper was worn. We noticed the next day that a room right next to us and across from us looked different (more amenities) than ours. So, perhaps, some rooms look better than the one we had. We spent most of the day at the beach which was about 8 miles away and convenient to get to by car. Since it rained very hard on the evening of July 4th, we had dinner at the hotel. The waitress let us know that the food would take 25-30 minutes. It actually took one hour ( I don't think the restaurant was expecting many people since it was July 4th). However, the food was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach is located in the heart of the Town Center Business District, allowing corporate and leisure travelers easy access to Va. Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake. We are just minutes from restaurants, shopping, attractions, military bases and the beach (8 miles) with convenient access to Interstates 264 and 64. The Crowne Plaza is within easy reach of Historic Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. The hotel offers 12,000 feet of flexible meeting and banquet space. Each guest room offers free wireless high speed Internet voice mail, coffee makers, make up mirrors, the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program which includes upgraded bedding, sleep amenities and more. Tines Restaurant & Aqua Bar features a wide range of food and beverage with, free wireless high speed Internet and wired high speed connections in the lobby. Additional amenities include an indoor pool, saunas, free business center with HSIA, 24 hour fitness center , gift shop and FREE shutle nightly to and from the Town Center entertainment area. Attractions: the Va. Science Museum, Verizon Amphitheater, and the Va. Sportsplex. The nearby Town Center features restaurants such as the Cheesecake factory, PF Chang, Ruth's Chris, Max & Erma s, and many more. Companies: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Keane Inc., BB&T, SAIC, Amsec, Best Buy, Circuit City, Ford, EDS, and Ecolochem. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Virginia Beach
- Crowne Plaza Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Crowne Plaza