“Very Nice”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at this property. The staff at check in was very friendly, but I must say that housekeeping was extremely pleasant. We stayed on the 4th floor in a room right next to the vending machines and the elevator. I expected a little noise, but was very pleased that there really was none at all. The room was very clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again! Thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take pride in our perfomance and always strive for each of our departments to provide top-tier customer service for our guests. I am very happy to hear you had such a quiet and comfortable night's rest during your stay with us. We look forward to the next time you come back for a visit.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The time to check in was long and the elevator was out. Should think about the fact that if you can't close the curtains it's like having a street lamp in your room. Worst nights sleep I've had in a hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our property. I apologize for the delay in your check in process as well as the elevator issues we were experiencing this past Saturday evening. I can assure you that these isolated incidents are not commonly experienced by guests when they stay at our hotel.

I would also like to apologize for the issues you were having with the curtains in your room. All of our rooms do come equiped with both a sheer curtain, as well as a blackout curtain. The blackout curtain has a separate draw string from the sheer curtain. It may possible that the secondary draw string was overlooked during your stay.

I hope you will give our hotel another chance to exceed your expectations, should you choose to return to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed on 2nd floor and had to change rooms due to uncleanliness. Appealing to the eye at first glance, beds neatly made, freshly folded towels and quite spacious though the bathroom was a tight squeeze, over all, looked nice but when it came time to going to sleep, noticed a wretched smell on the comforter! So I began to inspect where I was going to rest my head. The sheets were clean but the comforter had dried blood on it. At that point, I started checking everything out.The headboards had smears all over them as if just quickly wiped down with a used rag. The coffee pot was set up neatly but found a used coffee filter still inside, dried up and nasty looking as if it had been there for a week. The coffee mugs were filthy as if someone just wiped them out with a hand towel and the coffee pot itself was covered in dust. Bathroom sink looked as if it too were also quickly wiped out. There were toothpaste looking spit marks on the bottom of the mirror and also on the faucet. Bathroom fan was covered with dark grey dust resembling lint it was so thick. The whole room was very dusty. Was put in another room on the same floor after I filed a complaint. The room was a little better than the last but at that point, I took the comforter off of the bed and got my coffee from the 7-11 across the street. I honestly don't think they wash the comforters, dust nor do they clean and sterilize the mugs. I'm so grossed out and disgusted...Will never be going back

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator or the stairs going outside. Very noisy Pet friendly but no...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly G
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

I am truly sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. You spoke with our Front Office Manager, Justin, upon check out and we had refunded one of the nights back to your credit card, we waived the pet fee for both rooms and we thought you were satisfied with our resolution. Upon investigation there was a miscommunication between Front Desk and our Housekeeping Department. The room you were assigned to had not been inspected by our Executive Housekeeper before it was turned over to the desk for check in. I am glad that the front desk fixed the problem by immediatly moving you to a more suitable room and that Justin was able to refund you for your troubles. We pride ourselves on have a clean hotel and I am so sorry that we fell short on your first room.

We do realize the hotel is not an oceanfront hotel. When you checked in I spoke to you regarding the fact that your reservation was made through a third party reservation site (Hotels.com) and that you spoke to them and you stated that they told you it was an oceanfront hotel. I will personally called Hotels.com and speak to them to see if they would be willing to compensate you for their mistake.

We strive to make every guest at the hotel feel at home and happy. I am so sorry your experience was not a great one but we do hope that you will give us another chance when you come to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed in January of 2014, yes it was off-season for the Coastal Virginia Wine Fest so I am sure we got a better deal than normal. We enjoyed our stay very much, the staff was very helpful and the accommodations were wonderful. Our room was very clean and welcoming - and may I add I am quite picky! Thank You.

Room Tip: We were interested in sleep only - so we did not ask for a view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback for our property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself while in town for the Wine Festival. Our staff will look forward to the next time you decide to visit the area.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The govt rate here is OUTSTANDING compared to other places. Especialy for what you get and in the off-season, you can beat it. It's clean here, they allow pets for a nightly fee but you can't tell this hotel allows pets. It's very clean and comfy. You can tell that is has been newly renovated, but it is also showing slight signs of abuse....at least in the room I stayed in, which was 310. Overall though, extreme value and I would stay here again. Great place!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our property. We are happy to offer our government and military employees a good rate during the winter months. We hope you will return for future stays whenever you are down at the beach.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Our 2 families total of 10 stayed in this hotel and would highly recommend to family or couples, Staff have been excellent most helpful and polite, position is perfect right beside boardwalk and rooms are clean modern with all you would need, one of the best hotels we have stayed in on our USA holiday, also great value for money , breakfast is good.don't hesitate book this hotel in a heartbeat you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank shaylex
Justin A, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your reviewof our property. I am very happy that your two families had such a nice time while you were on holliday at our hotel. Our staff takes pride in providing the absolute best accomodations for our guests during their stay. We hope to see you again for any future trips to the Virginia Beach area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a nice hotel, the rooms were clean and it seemed to be newly remodeled, the price was right. For the football tournament I attended , I thought they offered a wonderful price to the team and families. I did not however like the free breakfast. I went down there two mornings and the place was trashed so I only took a pack of oatmeal to eat in my room. While my stay was ok, next time I will choose the holiday inn directly across the street, because it was oceanfront plus I like that brand a lot better than choice hotels. this is the 2nd time I stayed in a choice hotel inside of 2 months and the other , the breakfast was like," What in the world is this?"

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Justin A, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you had a good time while you were down here for your youth football tournament. I am sorry for the condition of our breakfast room. I will share this information with our staff and ensure that it does not happen again. I hope you will make our hotel your destination for any future trips to the area.