“Good location”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #55 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is a good value for what they charge. The problem that we had was that when we left the hotel prior to housekeeping cleaning our room, I left over $6.00 in change on the dresser. When we returned later that evening, all the change was missing. I considered this theft.

2  Thank Charles Y
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Charles:

We are glad your stay was great except for the one incident. We have several new housekeepers because we are gearing up for the summer. In the hotel industry we do have guests that leave gratuities for housekeeping. Some guests leave gratuities at the end of their stay and some leave gratuities each day of their stay (I personally break mine up into daily gratuities because if you stay over the course of several days the housekeeper that took care of your for several days might be off on the last day). After didscussing the incident with the staff I found that the housekeeper thought it was left for her as a gratuity. If you contact me I can refund the amount back to your card. It truly was not intentional. My number is 757-961-8190

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family of 6 (including 2 teenagers and a 2 and 3 year old) spent 6 nights at the Clarion. The parking was a little tight the first night, but we did not have any issues after that. The air conditioner was not working in our room so they moved us to another room (with an even better view of the ocean and boardwalk) and were very concerned about our comfort. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The hotel, the pool, the gym, and the room were all very clean and well tended. The room was big enough for our big family and kept us from feeling cramped. The complimentary breakfast every morning was delicious and offered a lot of variety. The location was very convenient...just across the street from the beach and boardwalk. The hotel felt safe as well. Every door was locked and required a key to enter. The rooms were quiet and smoke free. Overall a wonderful experience...we will definetly stay there again!

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor and it was very quiet. Rooms with views of the ocean are available if yo...
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was nice and affordable. Clean and quality staff - close to the beach, great hot breakfast daily, secure hotel and parking! The pool outdoors was 70degrees and maintained by the hotel staff. We had a beach view - which was a little sighting of the water through the hotels but it was better than no view!! My parents went to and brought pets which were restricted to the second floor for a $60 one time stay fee which they felt was reasonable.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights and were very pleased. Our room had a partial ocean view, which I highly recommend! Bathroom was smaller than some but large enough, and everything was very clean. The staff was all great, and Darnell made our stay-- we kept running into him and he always had a smile and a joke.

Room Tip: We sprang for the partial ocean view and were glad we did! We were on the 5th floor above the pool a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day Weekend and we couldn't have had a better experience. The hotel was clean and the employees were very nice. The location is great for any visitors who are looking for a very short walk to the beach. I will definitely stay here again and for the price, it is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 148Kyle
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My grand children ages 6 and 8 and I stayed here for the week of Easter. Literally right across the street from the beach...surrounded by restaurants...shops and lots to do. The room was great and spacious and the beds and the pillows were so comfortable. The manager Jennifer took care of a slight problem that I had and the front desk people were always polite and knowledgeable with the exception of one girl who didnt know where the beach entrance was ( just across the street lol ) I had never been to Virginia Beach and I loved it...when I come back and I will! I will ALWAYS stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marcy b
Reviewed May 28, 2013

RE:“I havent even stayed yet & know this was a GREAT CHOICE!!!” @Jennifer Meades

I absolutely love, love, love this hotel. The entire staff was friendly from the time I stepped until the time I checked out. The rooms were very modern, clean & roomy.. I met Jerri Phillips (management) the day I was leaving and she was so pleasant. I will definitely be staying at the hotel again. it's definitely one of the best!

• Stayed: May 2013