“Great breakfast, sharp staff”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #54 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a night. The room was clean, and furniture was really up to date. We noted that the bathroom is kind of small. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the pillows were maybe a little overstuffed but decent.

I was greatly impressed that the front desk staff attendance remembered my name the next day. I was surprised that he was still there. But he had been home in between.

The highlight was a decent breakfast. It included sausage, eggs, french toast. Waffel maker etc. It was really good.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I do agree that our bathrooms are small. I wish I had a bathroom stretcher :) Our rooms are huge though! I guess you sould say we make up for it that way. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here on a Thursday night and then again on a Sunday night. The rate was great. Rooms were updated and very nice. Breakfast offered many choices and was very good. Staff was fantastic. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoupleFromOhio
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I love it! You liked it so much, you stayed again :). Thank you for the great review and your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to your next stay! We are working on getting the outdoor pool and Tiki Bar opened within the next couple of weeks. Come back for a visit so you can see it!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a great welcome by Jeri, and all the staff as we checked in. We asked to visit a room before checking in... No problem! The ENTIRE staff made us feel welcomed. (evening and morning also)
Rooms are large, clean and comfortable - sufficient for any length of stay. Beach is just across the street. The view from our 5th floor room was beautiful.
Breakfast was good, nice dining room also clean and inviting. A lot of choices.
Thank you for providing excellence in value and customer service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JenniferMeads, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

First off, the hotel has the BEST, MOST DEDICATED, Executive Housekeeper, in Ms. Jeri Phillips! Thank you for mentioning her in your review! I believe our entire staff at the Clarion Inn and Suites enjoy what they do and it shows in how they treat the guests. I am so glad you had such a great stay and I will make sure when I share the reviews with my staff I give a special cudos to Ms. Jeri!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Across the street from the beach hotels and substantially cheaper.

Clearly gets used hard and is not new by any means but they've done the up keep, cleaning and
upgrades necessary to make this hotel worth using.

Carpet and fixtures were all in good shape. Room was very clean.

Good shower. Exceedingly small sink area but it worked.

The fan in the bathroom was excessively loud and the A/C in our room was fairly loud
as well. My only complaint. I'd actually look at replacing the bath fans if I owned this place
because it wouldn't be a huge ordeal.

Breakfast was good. Eggs/sausage/potatoes, more.

We had no trouble parking but I have a hard time believing that if the hotel was completely
full that there would be enough spots. Maybe the lot next door is usable too, I don't know.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

What a great review! Thank you so much! We are in the process of getting some more air conditioners because we do have a couple that are louder than others. I apologize for that. Please give me a call so I know what room you were in so I can get the bathroom fan replaced. My number is 757-961-8190. As far as parking it is limited when we are busy in the off season but we do lease a parking lot in the Spring/Summer so we have plenty of space for our guests when needed.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The room was large, clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient to beach with excellent walk and bike paths, restaurants and bike rental. Price was excellent for the area. Breakfast consisted of typical assortment of self made waffles, pre-cooked sausage links, cerials, breads, yogurt. It was certainly adequate for the price.

Room Tip: Lower floors might be better. Military jets flying overhead made falling asleep on the fifth floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

James:

I am so happy you had a great stay and you enjoyed the breakfast! The staff here works hard to keep the hotel clean and comfortable for our guests and I am glad it shows. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed three nights for work. Currently being remodeled but not intrusive. Literally across the street from beach access. Walking distance to anything you want to do and great value. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel! See you soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was very spacious and well equipped, other than poor lighting. Very small area in bathroom for toiletries beside the sink. The cleaning had a glaring error. The last guest's towels were in a pile on a corner of the bathroom floor. That kind of killed enjoying our stay. We were too tired to do anything other than ignore the towels.
The bedding was very comfortable. The internet was fast and dependable, although we had to call the front desk to get a password. On check in, I think the clerk should ask if we'll need a password.

The breakfast was disappointing. The eggs were obviously powdered, the biscuits were really English muffins, no sugar free syrup, no peanut butter.

We were billed for the safe. Yes, the charge was removed but this charge should not be added to the bill.

One other thing-forget sleeping. Although this isn't just a problem just for this hotel, the motorcycles were constant until around 11 p.m. The naval air base had some type of small fighter jets taking off every five minutes until midnight and started again at 6 a.m.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

We strive to make every guests satay a satisfying one and I apologize if we fell short in any way. I am working on the lighting in the rooms and have ordered brighter bulbs. I am extremely upset about the housekeeping issue and I would like for you to call me becuase unfortunately I cannot address it because I am not sure what room you were in. We are working on adding additional items to our breakfast buffet and peanut butter and sugar free syrup are both on the list for the Spring. We are seeing that more and more people are asking for it so will will be adding it. Thank you for the suggestion!

I am sorry for the noise. Unfortunately those are not within our control. Growing up in Virginia Beach believe it or not I don't even hear the jet noise anymore because I am so use to it. It does increase during times of hightened security measures because the pilots have a certain amount of night flying hours and day flying hours they have to get in before they are deployed. With all that is going on the the world right now Naval Air Station Oceana is a busy place. I can hear the jets flying as I am writing this.