“Great Stay. Staff was great”

Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #61 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
High Point
“Great Stay. Staff was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed there the week of the Oceana airshow. It was my first time back since my days in the Navy and the staff made me and my family feel very welcome. The staff was very nice and anything we needed they were there for us. The room was great and had no problems there as well. For me though the staff is where this hotel shines. Great location. Also the breakfast bar was very very good. It wasn't just cereal and coffee. They had waffles, eggs, hasbrowns, fuit, sausage and more. Very good breakfast bar. If I ever go back in the near future, I will definitely stay there again. The manager even gave my kids some tickets to the local carnival. Very nice! Pool was clean but cool but hey it's Virginia Beach in late September what would you expect. Rooms were clean. Good stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I received your voicemail as well. We really enjoyed having your family stay with us. I hope you, your wife, and kids had a great vacation. We hope to see your family back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door, we received excellent service from everyone at the hotel. The front desk gentleman's name is Justin, and he made sure we were taken care of really well. We just moved to Virginia Beach and stayed at this hotel until we found a place to live, and Justin (and the other employees) were extremely detailed and helpful in all of their advice and guidance. As a result, I feel supremely welcomed into this city and I'm excited to call it my new home. This is by far the best hotel experience I've ever had, and every word of this review is straight from the heart.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for a pull-out couch if you need one - I got a room like that for the sam...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lady_Lallo
Thank you for your review! We really enjoy having you here as well. We love when guest have an extended stay at our hotel and we can get to know them and they feel like family. I am glad you decided to call Virginia Beach home. I love this city and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This Inn really has the best staff. They are all so accommodating and helpful to make your stay with them to be super pleasant in every way. As for the room, It's very nice. The beds are so comfortable and the decor/ furniture over all is such a blessing. We stayed on the 3rd floor, and although it isnt "ocean front" we still for got to see the ocean from our room. You can see the beautiful sunrise without the across the street price ;)
Also, the breakfast was amazing. The options and the service. Like I said, Everyone is so great just to really match and exceed the quality of the Inn. They also have a pool that goes up to 8 ft, which is always fun.
I'd recommend this place to every single person, for any need whatsoever.
I wish I could stay here forever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mariah R
We appreciate your kind words. We really do take pride in our hotel and I am glad it shows. Our staff is amazing and I am glad you have had a wonderful stay here. Thank you for taking the time to write this great review.
Deerfield, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have never stayed at a Clarion before, so i am not sure what to compare it to chain wise. But we definitely expected more out of a hotel that is just under a year old.

Pros: decent location if you cant get oceanfront, short walk to the beach and nice location along the boardwalk. Rooms are modern and very big, beds were nice and comfortable. Breakfast was good too.

Cons: dirty.bathroom. our bathtub had hair in it and one of the soap ledges in the shower had old soap and hair stuck to it. Grossss. Staff working around the hotel were not very friendly. They only have one elevator in the hotel, it takes forever to get a ride with room enough. Pool appears to be very outdated (cant possibly be 1 yr old like they say the hotel is) and it was dirty also. Lots of hair and "floaties" lingering in that water. The water temp was also cool, i dont think it gets much sunlight b/c of the shadr of the building

All in all, we would not stay here again, but if you have a good coupon and can get a good rate i say its an alright choice.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank mknutter
Thank you for your review. Feedback is so important is we know what we are doing right and what we need to work on. I will take your comments back to my staff and remedy these issues. Our hotel though new was a renovated building from a hotel that was there before. It opened July 25th, 2011 after extensive construction and rebuilding. Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion for the weekend. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We all enjoyed the pool and the convenient location to the beach. The problem was that our room was so damp and humid that it smelled like mold and mildew. It felt like we were sleeping in wet sheets and nothing ever dried. We cranked up the air and that helped a little. But, I wouldn't stay there again because is was so uncomfortably damp, humid and smelly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. Upon furthur investigation we did indeed have a problem with the air conditioner in the room you were in and the drainage of the condinsation line. We have addressed the problem and corrected it. I apologize for the dampness that uccured in the room. Please contact me directly at 757-961-8190 or jennifer@clarionvabeach.com so we can discuss how we can make this right. As you can see by previous reviews we pride ourselves on our great spacious rooms and our amazing staff. I hope you with give us another chance in the future.
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Like others have said, decent hotel and in a good location but not Oceanfront. Parking was not enough for all the guests who stayed there over Labor Day weekend. Room was HUGE and furnishings were updated. Bathroom was tiny. No counter area to set your things. No hangers and/or hooks on the bathroom door for towels, swimsuits, etc. Fridge and microwave in the rooms. No housekeeping that came daily. Breakfast was free and very good. But seating is limited. Pool area was small and the pool needed updating but the tiki bar was nice. Only 1 elevator.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JenniferMeads, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your feedback.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were surprised by the size of the room!! it was very spacious and looked very new. Location is also very convinient. Breakfast was ok..nothing speacial but saves the hassle of taking the family out. Then comes housekeeping. The room looked clean when we came in but we were seriously disappointed when we came back the next day to find the wet towels in the room, used coffee mugs not washed or replaced, used coffee and shampoo not replaced. when we asked for fresh mugs, we were told that it's the hotel policy to leave them dirty... then the lady took them, washed them in another room's bathroom, and wiped them with used towel on the rack. That was really disgusting to say the least.

2 Thank Maged A
JenniferMeads, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; we of course appreciate any type of feedback as it our most valuable tool in training our staff to better facilitate the needs of our many guests. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast while you were here and would like to thank you for bringing the issues you faced during your stay to our attention. As we strive to provide the best service possible to all our guests, we'll review with our housekeepers the proper procedure regarding switching towles and replacing room mugs. I do apologize for any unsatisfactory service provided on part of the hotel, and as we prepare to move forward with the constant scrunity of our service, I hope you'll give us the opportunity to exceed your expextations in the future and thank you once again for staying at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Clarion!