“Quaint!”

Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Willoughby, VA
“Quaint!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Great place for sushi or teryaki. Have visited here several times and not been disappointed. Inside is somewhat dim...nice for date nights. Quaint, friendly and beautiful decor. Service has always been timely and food very well prepared. Will visit again.

• Visited December 2012

Bel Air, Maryland
“Just another average sushi spot”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have rarely seen a restaurant with such opposing reviews on TA. Had to try it ourselves for lunch. Easy to find with even an empty parking spot directly in front of the door. Host greeted promptly upon entry and led us to a booth along the far wall and distributed menus ( 4 though there were only 3 of us). Server came by in a few minutes for our drink orders. Looked over the menu. Lunch offerings were all on the back. Was not pleased to find that the prices of many of the items had been raised $2-$3 which wasn't reflected on their website which we had checked out earlier. No complaints with the quality or preparation of grilled eel bowl, pepper tuna bowl or rolls (dream and volcano) that we ordered, but all were average at best.
Overall service was fine, food OK, but overpriced for the quantity provided - especially for a small pot of green tea for $5.50. And would appreciate if they kept their website up to date.

• Visited March 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Worse Sushi Place! No eel in eel roll, literally no eel!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch, worse place ever, my eel roll tasted like a vegtable roll, my husband opened up one of the eel rolls and there was no eel whatsoever in the roll!! What? Why call it an eel roll? Salad dressing was like soup, sopping wet lettuce. No server to be found, I had to stand up and wave to him, he looked up finally while sitting next to another server getting into rubbing her back instead of helping customers. He came over and asked us if we wanted to speak to the chef about our meal. He came back a couple minutes later and said the chef is afraid to come over. We were like What? I asked where the manager was. He said there is no manager and the owner comes once or twice a week at night. No manager??? Does that tell you anything about the food?? Enough said.

• Visited February 2013
“Great food... Ok service.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy eating at different sushi restaurants at least once a month. We tried Fire Ninja a few months ago and loved the sushi there. The restaurant has kind of a club atmosphere. The whole interior is dimly lit and they play underground indie/ hip hop music. We like it. The service is not the best but the food is awesome. I would recommend others to try this place.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfriendly, Hard Rice, Does Not Care About Your Concerns!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently went to Fire Ninja in Virginia Beach,VA and I picked up my order which was $44. When I got home and tasted the rice, the rice was hard and undercooked. I order three orders of brown fried rice (chicken, beef, and shrimp). Also, an order of spring rolls that were small and tasteless. Anyways, I called an told the employee there that the rice was hard after I tasted a couple bites and she kept asking me what did I say and then I requested a refund. I asked for a manager and Ashley comes on the phone and says that the brown rice is usually hard. She mentioned white rice was soft or something. Well, I told her that I would not be able to bring the food back until tomorrow because I did not have the car, and she stated that I must bring it tonight or I will not be able to exchange or receive a refund. Very inconsiderate! Poor customer service and the food is highly expensive to be so tasteless!

• Visited January 2013