After reading the other reviews about this hotel I felt certain that I was making a sound choice of where to stay. It was the "other" things that disappointed me, but first the Pros: 1. The hotel was at a great location with shopping and restaurants nearby. 2. Great price. 3. The staff was very friendly and helpful. and finally... 4. Everything seemed to be clean and in working order.
Now, the Cons: 1. The beds was horrible. Our room had 2 double beds and after just spending one night here we decided to split up, each taking a bed (not what I call a romantic vacation over Valentines weekend). It was weird. If you was near the edge of the mattress it felt like you was going to roll off . 2. The towels were small and thin and extra ones was never made available to us. 3. My husband likes to watch Fox news in the mornings, and when on vacation we like to occasionally like to check the weather channel for certain conditions of the area to know what to plan for the day. Well, we only had 18 channels and neither the weather channel or fox news was one of them. 4. Finally, and I never thought this to be an issue but I feel it needs to be mentioned. The toliet paper was awful! I might as well used notebook paper. One-ply, hard, the cheapest stuff possible. I didn't ask for anything different because I was too embarrassed to. Now, I don't know if that was something they have to used due to septic lines or city ordinance. But the room tissues was of the same quality so I think they was just cheap when it came down to paper products. Again, I never thought this to be an issue....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront resort area, within 1.5 miles from the Virginia Beach Convention Center and 12.5 miles away from the local airport, The Oceanfront Inn is an ideal location for business and vacationing travelers. Right on the beach, The Oceanfront Inn offers you the ideal location to relax and enjoy all Virginia Beach offers, from nearby free seasonal events and concerts to delicious dining outlets and unique shops and attractions. Completed 2011 renovations include updated lobby, enhanced WiFi, expanded cable and updated guestrooms feature new wallpaper, new bedspreads and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Oceanfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Oceanfront Inn Virginia Beach