“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
colonial heights,va
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

We just returned from the weekend at the Sandcastle. It is a great place to stay. The girl at the reception desk was very polite and very helpful. The room was very clean. The food for the breakfast was good. Didn't realize how hungry we were until we got down there and saw all the food. The lobby is very tastefully decorated with aquariums full of fish. It is in a great location with all oceanfront rooms. The only thing was the parking. The parking spots could have been a little bit wider. When we go to the beach again, we will be staying at the Sandcastle.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

This year was my third year at Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel. We go every February. The place is clean and the people are wonderful. The indoor pool is definitely a plus. The view from the balcony is spectacular. I would definitely reccomend this to anyone who is thinking about it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on Valentine weekend. We were very pleased with the hotel and will definately go back there again. We had a very quick and courteous check in and check out experience. Our room was oceanside on the 3rd floor, it was very clean and spacious. They offered beverages (coffee, cocoa, juice and water) and fruit (apples, oranges and bananas) all day in the lobby. There was also a breakfast bar that had a very nice assortment of breakfast foods. The pool was warm and very pleasant. We ate at the Greek Restaurant off the lobby in the hotel and was very pleased with the food. Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

My girlfriends and I stayed here this past weekend. The room was okay for what we needed- a place to stay, free breakfast, and the beach. The beds were comfortable. The television had a lot of channels and a DVD player. The parking garage was tight. I could not imagine the garage in the summer. It made us nervous and we had a small car. The breakfast consists of cereal, donuts, oatmeal, and bagels. The only problem was the bathroom ceiling. We noticed that the tiles were coming undone. I took a picture. Thank goodness we did not notice it until we left. This is a good place if you are staying on a budget.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

We always stay at the Sandcastle when we visit Virginia Beach. We have always had wonderful experiences there and would not hesitate for a second to book a room there if we were going to the beach tomorrow. The rooms are wonderful and spacious with a balcony with a spectacular view of the 14th street pier and the dazzling Atlantic Ocean. The rooms have a phone, coffee maker, television, comfortable beds, safe, and daily housekeeping service. The hotel has a great continental breakfast every morning, 24-hour coffee and juice in the lobby, a huge beachfront store with all of the beach supplies you could ever want/need and a bicycle rental station. The staff was always very helpful and kind with any problems that may have come up during our stay. The hotel also has a great pool with sundeck, exercise room, arcade, and conference room. Furthermore, the location of this resort is great. There are 2 amusement parks directly beside the hotel for adults and children alike, the 14th street fishing pier directly in front of the hotel, all kinds of beach shops, restaurants, and beach information stations. There are also many trolley stops within walking distance as well. The prices here are very affordable for all the features and services, even in the midst of the summer months. I would rather stay here than at the Hilton or Beach Club Resort down the street. Everything was magnificent!! If you are on a budget and want a hotel with a great location, staff, wonderful amenities, and rooms, you must stay at the Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Virginia Beach!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank I_love_2_travel8712
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

Virginia Beach was the 2nd part of our vacation to Washington DC. I have never been to Virginia Beach, and we were looking to relax after our hectic 3 days in DC.

Before I give my review, I guess I should say I've never been a fan of Spring Break towns, even when I was young enough to par-take in Spring Break. Not quite sure what I was expecting...

We again booked based upon reviews for TA. The view was beautiful, and so was the location. There was only a door...not a doorwall to the balcony. The motel was old and run-down. The ceiling tiles were falling out in the bathroom (who's idea was that in the first place?), and water damaged. It was clean from what I could tell.....but I don't think you could ever get it to look good because everything was so old. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room, and the continental breakfast the good and a money saver. If I was truly on a budget vacation with young kids, it had everything I needed. The staff was very friendly, and there was a store with everything you forgot to bring to the beach plus some. We rented bikes and enjoyed a couple of morning bike rides, fairly reasonable, all things considered.

Since we were there after the kids go back to school,l it was mostly senior citizens and very young families. The beach was wonderful.....where could I watch dolphins in the morning and F14's flying over in the afternoon?

I have to mention just a couple things...Ocean Eddie's eats on the pier (aka FAST EDDIE). Obviously the chance to make lots of money by location alone....was a dump, the man that was seating us was holding a beer and obviously drunk, we walked out. Just wanted some seaford since I was looking at the Atlantic. We went across the street to a pizzeria (directly across from the motel...forgot the name) and it was the best hand tossed old school pizza I have ever had!

If I went to Virginia Beach again, I would pay the money for a nicer hotel. I love a good bargin, but this was a little more than I could handle.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

My daughter and I spent 8 days at the Sandcastle in October 2009. We enjoyed the hotel and the beach. The continental breakfast each morning was a real money saver as we then only had to buy lunch and dinner. The room balcony looks out onto the large fishing pier and well maintained beach. The boardwalk runs along behind the hotel and is used daily for walking, running, dog walking and bicycle riding. The room was very comfortable and cleaned daily. It had 2 queen size beds, cable TV, a DVD player, small safe and microwave. The parking garage is enclosed except for the top floor, with elevator service to all floors. The souvenir shops and restaurants are easy to walk to or a short drive if you rent a car.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business