Virginia Beach was the 2nd part of our vacation to Washington DC. I have never been to Virginia Beach, and we were looking to relax after our hectic 3 days in DC.
Before I give my review, I guess I should say I've never been a fan of Spring Break towns, even when I was young enough to par-take in Spring Break. Not quite sure what I was expecting...
We again booked based upon reviews for TA. The view was beautiful, and so was the location. There was only a door...not a doorwall to the balcony. The motel was old and run-down. The ceiling tiles were falling out in the bathroom (who's idea was that in the first place?), and water damaged. It was clean from what I could tell.....but I don't think you could ever get it to look good because everything was so old. There was a microwave and a fridge in the room, and the continental breakfast the good and a money saver. If I was truly on a budget vacation with young kids, it had everything I needed. The staff was very friendly, and there was a store with everything you forgot to bring to the beach plus some. We rented bikes and enjoyed a couple of morning bike rides, fairly reasonable, all things considered.
Since we were there after the kids go back to school,l it was mostly senior citizens and very young families. The beach was wonderful.....where could I watch dolphins in the morning and F14's flying over in the afternoon?
I have to mention just a couple things...Ocean Eddie's eats on the pier (aka FAST EDDIE). Obviously the chance to make lots of money by location alone....was a dump, the man that was seating us was holding a beer and obviously drunk, we walked out. Just wanted some seaford since I was looking at the Atlantic. We went across the street to a pizzeria (directly across from the motel...forgot the name) and it was the best hand tossed old school pizza I have ever had!
If I went to Virginia Beach again, I would pay the money for a nicer hotel. I love a good bargin, but this was a little more than I could handle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel