I enjoyed my stay at the BW Sandcastle! We went for my husbands birthday and the experience lived up to my expectations. The hotel was nicely redecorated and the view of the beach was wonderful. We requested a corner high floor, and received it.
The hotel staff was especially friendly and accommodating. Tamara was getting off when we checked in, but she saw others were busy and took the time to be sure we were settled. She then proceeded to flash a friendly smile each time I passed by the lobby. Natasha, our house cleaner did a wonderful job keeping our room tidy and was also very friendly and accommodating.
I have nothing but good to say of the staff, as they were all very friendly and seemed to care that I was having a good experience.
The only negative is not a reflection of the hotel itself, but of the attached restaurant that provides breakfast. It was ok for free, but I would not want to pay for it. Also, you should skip them for dinner as well. The buffet has much to be desired, and I'm sorry we wasted one of our dinner nights eating there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel