This is a hotel that I would return. In fact, I would look here first for a mid-level, family hotel.
What I liked most about the hotel was the staff. The front desk was always available and very friendly. Our housekeeper was very helpful and friendly.
Most noticeable was the staff that constantly kept the public areas clean. The sand was always off the floor. The coffee and juice bar was always orderly and clean. I like this kind of attention to detail. Public areas, especially with free food, can quickly look terrible. Kudos to the staff.
The breakfast was another plus. I was worried that when providing breakfast that it would be a free-for-all like a Drury Inn. Again, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a restaurant with a table server. It was still buffet and a slightly above average buffet. Not all the food was stocked. It was busy. We all know what buffets are like--people think it is their last meal and take everything that can be stacked 8 inches high on one plate.
The access to the beach was nice. Another positive was that the public bathrooms on the hotel required a room key. This is a huge plus considering what people did to the port-of-potties.
My final positive was the convenient parking. By having access to the garage from multiple floors, it allowed the elevator to not be jammed and over crowded during peak times. A big plus for a beach trip.
On the negative side--the rooms are small. It is an older hotel. The updates were nice, but it was really just lipstick on an old room. I had a shoe mark on the ceiling and the bathroom tub re-coat was coming off. It was a clean room. It was good enough for the beach. I write this to not expect a luxurious room, but, if you don't mind a small room, it will suffice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel