We stayed here June 26-30. The pictures you see are spot on. The hotel is clean and recently remodeled. The location and the view is perfect. We parked in the free parking when we arrived and did not return to our car until it was time to go home. Everything we needed was within walking distance of this hotel. The free breakfast is a major perk not only because of the selection but because of the convenience and friendly staff.
When I reserved the room we paid for a double queen but were upgraded at no charge to a king which was very comfortable. The rooms are not huge but we didn't have any issues moving around or storing our belongings. Who wants to stay inside anyway??
Overall, we were thoroughly impressed with our stay in Virginia Beach and would stay at the Sandcastle again.
One tip: If you are not a night owl, try to plan your stay during the week as people do move around til the wee hours on the weekends. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel