Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel
$162
$153
Alamar Resort Inn(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Econo Lodge on the Ocean(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
EconoLodge
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$97
$92
BestWestern.com
$60
Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$149
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$76
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Westin.com
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
2,553 results
All reviewsfishing pierfront deskkiddie poolamusement parkparking garagefree breakfastocean viewbreakfast roomhot tubfamily vacationrooms were very cleanoceanfront roomoff seasoncleaning staffbettybalconylobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves at the Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, where we elected to stay an extra night. At check-in, we were greeted with enthusiasm by the staff and management , who went above and beyond to welcome us. The rooms all face the ocean and were recently renovated, new furniture and flat screen televisions with DVD players. We felt comfortable and relaxed in the room. The rooms were also quiet, you didn't hear the other guests. The spacious fitness room located on the second floor was top-notch, all types of equipment available for use from weighs to cardio exercise and being available 24-hours along with the indoor heated pool also on the second floor was awesome. The free hot breakfast buffet was available at the restaurant (Pier 14) was enjoyable. The Best Western Plus Sandcastle is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: "All rooms are outstanding"
1  Thank John K
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Virginia Beach can get noisy - but if you're not looking for specifically that, you may want to try out this wonderful stay. It's a little farther down (not much) from where Virginia Beach Expressway meets Atlantic Avenue, so it's a little more quiet. The portion of the beach also fills up later and doesn't get quite as on this side of the pier. It's right next to Virginia Beach Amusement Park but don't fear, the sound doesn't travel far enough for it be bothersome. The hotel has a free parking garage for guests on site which is nice because parking on Atlantic Ave can be a pain and expensive. The hotel itself is average. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. There are two restaurants downstairs just outside the lobby - one which serves a breakfast buffet for the hotel (make sure to get ticket at check-in) and it's very good. It lasts from 7am to 11am which is way longer than usual for hotel breakfasts. I stayed in the Deluxe King (jacuzzi in-room) with my girlfriend and it was wonderful. We got a room on the top floor so there was no noise above us and we had a wonderful view from our balcony. The room was huge and the jacuzzi is situated right next to the balcony window so you can see the ocean. I only wish the windows could open so you could hear the crashing of the waves while you relaxed. The biggest flaw of the hotel is their elevators. They are slow and sound like they are on their last legs, honestly. They struggled to level the elevator unit with the doors at some points, so much so that for a split second you might fear for your life. Otherwise, it's a nice stay - and I would definitely go back.

2  Thank Jesse H
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. At check-in, there was another "difficult" customer in front of me in line, but the staff was very professional and polite and I received great service when I came up to the counter. I think almost all of the rooms have ocean views and they've been recently updated with contemporary furniture and flat-panel TVs. There are a couple of gift/sundry shops and restaurants on the main level and all stays include a free hot breakfast buffet at Pier 14. This isn't your standard hotel continental breakfast - it's a full buffet. Some drinks such as hot chocolate cost extra, plus you're expected to tip your server, but that's not a big deal. In most cases, hotels with restaurants don't offer free breakfast, so I consider it a nice perk. Back to the hotel, the other amenities are top-notch, including a spacious fitness room (open 24 hours too, which is something many places don't offer), a large laundry room, and a nice indoor pool (wish they had a hot tub though). I appreciated the 24-hour juice machine in the lobby.

Some gripes, all minor:

Elevators need some work - they don't ride very smoothly at all
I found an empty plastic water bottle in my room fridge
Bathroom and vanity area in the room was very small

The staff were all great, especially LeAnn and Meagan at the front desk, and I'd definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank CosmoVA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great friendly staff! Good breakfast except for the additional charge for certain drinks. All the doors need adjusted so they don't slam so hard and give the elevators a tune up. They make some aweful noises. I know you can't change it but that parking garage takes skill to navigate. Be careful of the height restriction.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second year we have stayed in this hotel and we love it. Honestly, the breakfast buffet (which is included with your room) makes our trip. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Jan Van Dyke on the hotel staff came to fix our beeping smoke alarm, even though he was off the clock. It wasn't just a simple battery change, so he went and got us another smoke alarm on his own time. I don't really care for the pool at this hotel because there is no shallow end, just 4 ft deep everywhere. I have a young son who loves to wade in the shallow water. But, we don't go here for the pool, we go for the beach. And everything else is wonderful. Again, clean rooms, friendly staff and great breakfasts. What more could you want?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family