“Sept. vacation”

Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 22, 2013

had a wonderful time at the Best Western/Sandcastle. Room was clean and comfortable. Great idea having breakfast included in the stay. Made it easier than decicing on where to go.And it was a complete breakfast Front desk was very helpful with suggestions on where to dine in the evening. Will definately make a return visit. Enjoyed the indoor pool too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Judi123_12
Write a ReviewReviews (2,432)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel has gone above the call of remodel..They completely renovated the old hotel and turned it into a beautiful hotel now. All new beds in the rooms and the ballroom completely renovated. Its all NEW...We have been staying at this hotel for 7 yrs now for our Virginia Scrapbook Retreats and this is by far the best year we have had. I strongly recommend this hotel for business and/or pleasure. And it's ALL Oceanfront/oceanview!

Room Tip: No tips for 2013 since all rooms have been completely remodeled though the oceanfront rooms with doo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank scrapnmaw
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I would not change or improve anything about this hotel. It was just perfect!!! We loved the room the pool, the breakfast was in a really cute restaurant and they had everything imaginable for breakfast, It was a full hot breakfast buffet.Better than any hotel we've ever stayed in. And all of the staff at the hotel and the restaurant were fun and friendly. We will definitly go back and book directly with the hotel next time. We only spent one night but we will always remember this hotel

Room Tip: Upgrade to oceanfront if you can if not the side view is also great. Also book directly with the hot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank braznblond
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was small, but had everything that we needed, including a very comfortable and clean bed. The bathroom was clean and I love that they even clean the remote controls. Our view was great, and if we had brought our swimsuits we would have loved swimming in the indoor pool. The free breakfast was my least favorite part of the trip, but even the staff at the restaurant were very efficient and friendly. It was a wonderful stay and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank JenniferCaraway
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I along with two other couples decided to stay over to bring in the New year
The up grades were nice breakfast was free .the problem came when we were given the roof top room with out heat well the widow unit heat pump was not keeping the room warm we complain a few times maintenance came up and said the heat was working . We left for dinner came back the room was freezing we could not use the bathroom with wearing a coat .bathroom had not heat could not take a shower way to cold to do . so my husband called front desk again, no one showed after about an hour my husband went down to front desk and requested a refund . At that time we was finally offered a room with working heat by that time we really couldn't enjoy the room it was a bout an hour before midnight when they changed our room .it was one of the coldest nights this season we should have offered another room sooner it was a waste of our New Year's Eve time with our friends . Not sure if we will choose the hotel again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cblady
Jeanelle W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing to spend your New Year's Eve with us, and for taking the time to provide such candid feedback. We appreciate when our guests provide us the information we need to learn and grow! On behalf of the management and staff, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the rather user-unfriendly heat in your original roof-top room! I know you chose this room at check in, after viewing and comparing it to a standard oceanfront room with two queen size beds, because of its secluded location and king bed, so I certainly regret that you were unable to remain in that room! While the heat in our rooftop room is in fact in working condition, the unit itself has proven difficult to operate. Unfortunately, because of the room's unique location, we cannot use the same type of unit as the other 146 rooms on property! To be perfectly honest, the heat in that room is rarely used since it is primarily occupied only during the summer months. Therefore, I would like to sincerely thank you for bringing this to our attention, and can assure you that we have taken steps to prevent this issue from inconveniencing any of our future guests. Our engineering department has provided me with the instruction booklet for the unit and its remote, which I will gladly add to the Guest Directory for this room. Again, I would like to apologize immensely for your inconvenience, and hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future! Given the opportunity, I'm positive that my staff and I will be able to not only meet, but exceed your expectations for hospitality, service, and accommodations.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

After a terrible experience checking into Barclay Towers, we moved to the Sandcastle which I've stayed at a number of times before.....They're always so nice and accommodating, top notch customer service! This hotel has recently been redone/updated and I love the new look. I've stayed at Sandcastle 10 or 12 times over the last few years and have never had an issue....Thank you so much for a great stay, we'll see ya soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed at many, many hotels over the years from 2-5 star. I decided to treat my fiancé this weekend for his birthday to relax since he has been working overtime for the past 2 months straight. I am extremely satisfied and can't state enough how amazing this room is!!! He has tried to quiet me several time but I can't believe this gem. The updates are tasteful and calming and this has turned out more a pleasure for myself than my loved one ;-) we get away to the oceanfront when we are able and this will now be our new spot. I was impressed the moment I stepped into the lobby for check-in.

Ps: the holiday light show was an unexpected bonus

Room Tip: Fantastic views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sasha M

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your well-deserved trip! We also appreciate your kind words and lovely review! We strive daily to provide the service, accomodations, and environment that create a lasting impression and keep our guests coming back. We have a large base of loyal guests, and I'm ever so pleased to know that I can add you and your hardworking fiancee to my list of "regulars." We're honored to have become your preferred vacation spot, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

PS: The McDonald's Holiday Lights at the Beach are an annual treat that we look forward to in Virginia Beach! Next year, check out our website and book your package ahead of time for additional value!