“Always a nice stay!”

Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After a terrible experience checking into Barclay Towers, we moved to the Sandcastle which I've stayed at a number of times before.....They're always so nice and accommodating, top notch customer service! This hotel has recently been redone/updated and I love the new look. I've stayed at Sandcastle 10 or 12 times over the last few years and have never had an issue....Thank you so much for a great stay, we'll see ya soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jamie M
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have stayed at many, many hotels over the years from 2-5 star. I decided to treat my fiancé this weekend for his birthday to relax since he has been working overtime for the past 2 months straight. I am extremely satisfied and can't state enough how amazing this room is!!! He has tried to quiet me several time but I can't believe this gem. The updates are tasteful and calming and this has turned out more a pleasure for myself than my loved one ;-) we get away to the oceanfront when we are able and this will now be our new spot. I was impressed the moment I stepped into the lobby for check-in.

Ps: the holiday light show was an unexpected bonus

Room Tip: Fantastic views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sasha M
Jeanelle W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your well-deserved trip! We also appreciate your kind words and lovely review! We strive daily to provide the service, accomodations, and environment that create a lasting impression and keep our guests coming back. We have a large base of loyal guests, and I'm ever so pleased to know that I can add you and your hardworking fiancee to my list of "regulars." We're honored to have become your preferred vacation spot, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

PS: The McDonald's Holiday Lights at the Beach are an annual treat that we look forward to in Virginia Beach! Next year, check out our website and book your package ahead of time for additional value!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We have been staying here for many years. Some have included weathering hurricanes. The new breakfast area is wonderful! My only complaint is the people smoking on the balcony. I would like the no smoking policy to include the balcony. I don't like smoke drifting my way and ashes raining down from people above.

Room Tip: For a good ocean view pick floor 5 thru 8 and a room numbered 1 thru 10. The lower numbered rooms ha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very nice place to stay. My husband and I took our daughter and her family in mid August. The weather was perfect and the location is even better. The free breakfast you receive every morning is awesome. The view from our private balcony was great... seen dolphins several mornings and even a wedding on the beach at sunrise. We stayed her several years ago and the service we received was great so when we decided to visit again this was the first place I called. They have done lots of renovations since our last visit A+++++. Will visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kellylovesva
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have stayed for many years twice a year its the only place my daughter knows and she loves it. The renovations make it nicer but we have always been pleased . The staff go over and beyond to make your stay wonderful and now we get a wonderful hot breakfast included in room price to start out a wonderful day at the beach. Could not ask for a better place for a family to stay. The rooms are always clean the beds are great . Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jeanelle W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you so very much for your continued patronage and support! We're so glad you enjoy the accommodations and service we offer, and we're looking forward to being able to further exceed your expectations! See you soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I spent 12/14 - 12/16 in an oceanfront room and we were very pleased with the updates/decor. The best part (at night) was the view of the McDonald's Christmas lights from our balcony. It was the best time of year (aside from summer) to visit Virginia Beach. The holiday light displays were stunning/creative. Hotel staff were very courteous and helpful with great suggestions of things to do and restaurants to try. Every staff that we encountered were courteous. Also, the fitness center with the awesome oceanviews encourages you to workout. It had one of each of the required equipment (bring your own towels). Although the pool was under renovation it did not matter as a pool is not one of our priorities. The bed was softer than we preferred which makes for uncomfortable night's rest.

Room Tip: The resort hotel is only 9 floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Sandcastle for the third time this year. Renovations were going on but you would never know it. Workers were considerate and did not start working at the crack of dawn. Beautiful renovations. Our room was already renovated looked great, beautiful colors, excellent TV. Will definitely stay here next trip to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple