We stayed at the Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort for the weekend of August 24-26, First impression was fine, it's a pretty decent hotel, we got there a later than check-in, got in the room and liked the view, the room was clean and standard, no comments about it, the view was nice even if we're on the second floor. The only problem in our room was the safety deposit box that was not working, we had to call the front-desk to have the maintenance fix it and it took at least an hour or two not to be able to leave the room. We went to the indoor pool and needed some towels, no towels, went to the front-desk and they said they're out of towels! ok we have to go back to the room and get one. Enjoyed the whole day and got to the room at midnight with my 10 year old boy, so tired, tried to open our room and key wasn't working, it took us 15 minutes to figure it out and gave up, so I made a trip to the lobby again and asked them for help, the lady on the front-desk was not really willing to help and had a frown on her face all the time we were walking on the way to the room..then it turned out the door lock had a problem, she told us we just have to play with the knob until it opens, are you kidding me?! I've never have that problem in any hotels I've stayed and for one thing, this hotel does not even cost less than $200..so the next day I asked them kindly if we could stay at least an hour later since we had a lot of issue and it delayed us from enjoying the area and they said they can't, so I said that was it, this hotel would never have any penny from me or my extended family again..The only good experience I had was the breakfast buffet, food we're ok and the servers are really nice..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Best Western so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel