As stated by others the renovations are interesting color choices (and laminate entertainment center, who picks laminate for heavy use). I realize that the black doors and trim are to make the dirt harder to see, which means not having to clean as thoroughly. What was sad is that there was still very visible dirt on floor and fixtures. And even in the renovated rooms there was chipped, peeling and bubbling paint. Also, note that we were on 5th floor and renovations were happening directly below on the 4th. We were woken at 8am by power tools. We were planning on getting up shortly anyways, but had we intended to sleep in, the location would have been horrid.
The heated pool, was not heated at.all. Sadly disappointing as a pool is a must have when we travel.
The continental breakfast was pretty bad. Cereal bar was good - thats the only highlight of the breakfast. Danishes were stale and tasted awful (regardless of staleness). The cream cheese for the bagels was in individual serving cups that had obviously been left unrefrigerated one too many times. The consistency was almost grainy looking and not creamy at all.
On the plus, the location is great, view was priceless. Cameron at the front desk was wonderful and very welcoming. They also had coffee and juice available 24/7 in the lobby and that was very nice to have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel located directly on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk. Our guest will enjoy world class service, easy access to the beach, and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel offers several types of accommodations to choose from. We offer you amazing views from 146 rooms with private balconies, two queen beds, or one king bed. All of our rooms offer you microwave and refrigerator, while our suites will provide you with a kitchenette. No matter how you must stay connected we offer free local calls, long distance access, and wireless high speed internet access. In addition, we have an on-site fitness center that overlooks the beach, on site laundry facilities, and complimentary business center. We are happy to provide you with conference rooms and meeting space for up to 150 people is perfect for your personal or professional functions. The Virginia Beach oceanfront is host to some of the best festivals and events you will find on the east coast such as; American Music Festival, Patriotic Festival, East Coast Surfing Championship, Neptune Festival, North American Sand Soccer Championship and the Boardwalk Art Show. Other nearby attractions includes Naval Air Station Oceana, Fort Story, Damn Neck Naval Base, Cape Henry Light House, Virginia Aquarium and Marine Museum, Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, and Ruddee Inlet.After spending the day enjoying Virginia Beach or working come back and enjoy the comfortable and spacious lobby or enjoy a great dinner at Pier 14. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelPower, Best Western, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sandcastle Resort Va Beach
- Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel