“Budget Friendly”

Ranked #59 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Budget Friendly”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start with the positives:
We were able to get a reservation less than a week prior to traveling (our preferred hotel was booked). The room was immaculate and all rooms had an ocean view with a balcony. The staff was very nice, although couldn't recommend a restaurant when asked. There was a flat screen TV.

The negatives:
The decor was extremely dated and the room needed some attention (for example, toilet paper holder was wobbly). There was a lack of amenities in the room. While there was a microwave and a fridge, there was no coffee maker (you had to go downstairs to a coffee room between 7-10am for coffee), no radio, no clock. The bathtub was a health hazard as there was no non-slip surface. It was like stepping onto a pane of glass and we had to put a towel down to keep from falling. The elevator was the slowest in the western hemisphere.

However, it was modestly priced for the high season and the location (at 25th and Atlantic) was central.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eveybp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

i too used booking.com to reserve my room. my "reciept " from there site quoted me 318.00 for 2 nights...in reality it cost me 379.16 so just beware as others have said that booking does NOT include taxes. the hotel itself...well the hot tub was nice, didn't use the pool, a can of soda is 1.00 in the machine only on the bottom floor, the elevator as others stated is so slow that most folks used the stairs and with the constant breeze off the ocean the suction would SLAM those doors all the time the housekeeping staff were very nice. was also nice having the microwave,fridge and fan.

Room Tip: rooms furthest from stairwells to avoid all the slamming doors, and if you have alot of stuff to tot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I arrived two hours earlier than my
Mother, who made the reception and left her credit card information. I politely asked about the opportunity to check in early or have her call this rude man- he said "no" and did not look up from his desk. The only "nice" thing he did was allow me to use the restroom before going back to waiting in my car. I am a 23 year old- I did not think his answer was no bc he thought I was under age but I couldn't find out since he would not give me the time of day. Later, my
Mom called (while driving down) and he said he did not let me check in bc the room was not paid for. Had he asked me, we would have found out the answer and I would not of had as bad of a taste in my mouth from his rude and impersonable behavior. When I went back to check in, I was polite and he continued to look down and said "yea ok room 16".

Upon entering the room the bed had a pubic hair and long brown hair and permanent dark stains on the sheets.

1 hour and 41 minutes into my tip involving this motel an I would rather pay comparable prices at a hotel away from the ocean! That says a lot about my NEGATIVE first impression here!

• Stayed June 2013
Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I procrastinated until three days before our trip before I made reservations, and ended up booking three nights at the Seahawk. Their Tripadvisor ranking wasn't too high, so I had a bit of trepidation before we arrived. Thankfully, my fears were mostly unfounded. First of all, the price was unbeatable for an oceanfront room. I paid $102/ night, plus various taxes. The place is pretty small, and only had one elevator. People say it's slow, but the lift speed is actually average. It's just that the doors have to think a bit before they decide they're in the right spot to open. So that's a mild annoyance, but that's all. We were in a sixth floor room, and it appeared to have been fairly recently remodeled, with fresh paint and a flat screen TV. The two double beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very small, but adequate. One thing that I as a guy didn't like was that the toilet paper holder was set about a foot from the floor, so if you happen to be the sort that stands up to do your business, it requires either some gymnastics moves to get to, or remembering to grab it before you go. The maid service was outstanding, with little things really standing out to me. Such as my wife and I took the second pillow from our daughter's bed so we had three, and the daughter slept with her pillow and a pillow pet. Every day the maid had made the beds up just like we liked it. Also, I grabbed the tissue box from the bathroom and had it on the night stand, and the maid put a new one both in the bathroom and on the nightstand for me. Just nice thoughtful little things I thought. A few little issues I had were: the outside doors were unsecured, so anyone could come into the hotel. The signs for where vending machines were located were inaccurate (not enough of them for my taste). One sign said coffee was available until 10 AM, one sign said 9:30. The front desk people weren't exactly too personable, but were businesslike and efficient. The parking was tight, and we had to park across the street in their other lot a couple of times. None of these issues were more than a little nuisance, I just mention them in the name of complete accuracy for my review. If you are looking for a bargain, this is it. A great little basic motel with the best possible view from your oceanfront room. I definitely recommend the Seahawk if you're on a budget.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank too_poor_2_travel
South Plymouth, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of the few, small motels (5 floors) left on Atlantic Ave. Extremely clean, roomy, well-appointed rooms, all with a walk-out balcony. Comfortable beds, generous with toiletries and towels. Bathroom recently remodeled. Super clean indoor pool and hot tubs. This place isn't fancy but we were comfortable, felt safe, had incredible views and saved a boatload of $$. Good location to restaurants & shops. Courteous office staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ljc2tall
St. Paul
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We wanted a room with two beds and a kitchen right on the boardwalk, and we got it for a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. The building is old and made of concrete block, even some of the interior walls are just concrete block, but the TV was new, stove and refrigerator worked fine, WiFi worked fine. We were happy to pay hundreds less for the three-day stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MinnesotaDon
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I was afraid that I had made a bad decision to stay at the seahawk. But it was a good experience. The rooms could use some updates but we only slept in them as we were busy enjoying the beach. The price was great compared to the other ocean front hotels I checked in to. Try not to get a room on the 1st floor as I do not think the view would be good. We were on 4th floor and had a perfect view of the ocean.

• Stayed October 2012