Stayed here Labor Day weekend arriving shortly after noon on Friday. Kids were anxious to get to the beach and we didn't expect to check in for several more hours. We were given a room upon our arrival, even though the check in time wasn't until 3pm. Thank you Gio and Erin. Were given room #409. Right across from the elevators, great for us so we didn't have to carry our luggage and beach goods all the way down the hallway. Room was a perfect size, especially given the short amount of time we were going to plan to stay in our room which was basically only to sleep and bathe. 2 queen beds were more than enough for our family of 4 and the mattresses were super comfortable. Woke up every morning well rested and with no back aches. Balcony was a decent size with 2 chairs and a small table but the view was unbelievable since your looking right at the beach and water. Watch the sun rise right from your balcony for an unforgettable sight. Every room here has the same view which is a huge plus no matter what room or floor your on. Bathroom was clean with great water pressure for the showers. Air conditioner, though we couldn't control it, worked fine and kept the room at a comfortable level. House keeping did a superb job getting our room back in order. Continental breakfast while FREE was a great way to start off our day. Huge hit was the Belgium waffle makers. Oh, just be sure to bring your breakfast ticket down with you or you can't eat. The tickets are given to you at check-in and are for each morning of your stay. I was leery about parking my truck in their parking deck but rest assured my Escalade fit fine. When you exit the hotel you walk approximately 50 feet tops, and your feet touch the sandy beach. Didn't eat in the hotel restaurant so I can't comment on that. The shop had everything or anything you may have forgotten and the owner is so nice and helpful. Coffee, juices or water are available 24 hours daily in the hotel lobby and are complimentary. Trolley stop is right outside the front entrance.
A bonus, we were able to view the finish line, from our balcony, for the Virginia Beach 1/2 marathon which ended right in front of our hotel.
Tip- get the all day trolley pass for only 2 bucks good for all day and unlimited trips.
Would we stay here again?? ABSOLUTELY.
Would we recommend this hotel to friends?? ABSOLUTELY
Considering we were here for Labor Day weekend so the prices were a little higher, the total for 3 nights was 778 including taxes.
Planning our trip back to the
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome, home to the longest pleasure beach on the planet, Four Points By Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront helps you make the most everything this vibrant city has to offer. all rooms feature a magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean with a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Oceanfront Inn And Suites
- Surfside Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach
- Surfside Hotel Virginia Beach
- Surfside Virginia Beach