Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As u know Booking online is scary. I was not let down. To start off I had a late check-in 9:00pm. But Ramona & Gio was there with all smiles. I thought I was going to get the worst room.. Nope it was room 408 Nice and ice cold "Yes Yes. I settled in with Kids and checked out the view "NICE" . Bed were comfortable, . Everything was just like the Picture's stated. Everything was in walking Distance We walked all the way to 34 street nice stroll. Had a in-door Pool small but NIce, They have Continental Breakfast : fruits, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, hot oatmeal(package), Waffles,(U make them) Very nice. The staff is wonderful..always there when needed. I give it A. Every room has a great view. They even let me see the suites. Parking was ok we have a conversion Van so we had to park 1 block down. They even let us stay parked after check out. A+ . I'm very hard to please and PLEASED me. Elevators were only slow during Peak hour "check out and Breakfast. Thanks to Ramona, Erin, Artha, Gio that restaurant u sent me to service was horrible but thanks to Shavvon he saved the day.. Thanks for fixing someone else problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Also, glad you could enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful location with our rooms/balconies overlooking the ocean. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Allentown PA
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As everyone has said, the staff is excellent and makes this hotel worth checking out. The location for the price is unbeleivable and is the reason I booked the Surfside. I booked the 1BR King Suite which did have a whirlpool tub. The tile could use some updating around the tub and the tub looked a little old but it worked and was clean the first day(the maids never cleaned the sand out after the first day). The kitchen had a nice apartment size fridge and lots of cabinet space if you are planning on staying for a while but no cooking appliance except a microwave. There was granite tops in the kitchen and bathroom, the carpet, tile, and most of the furniture looked new. The balcony was awesome, they had us on the 9th floor and it was awesome waking up to the ocean. The only reason I didn't give this hotel a higher rating was because of an unpleasant experience at breakfast one morning(not the staffs fault) but overall it is a nice hotel. I would go back though! Again, it is a fantastic price for what you get!

Room Tip: I booked room 903 which was the furthest from the elevator.
1 Thank cmk83
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity. In that regard, I appreciate your comments about your stay. Your comments will continue to help us improve. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience at breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a pleasant stay. The staff were courteous. The service in overall was great. Most of the businesses and attractions were within a walking distance. The hotel even let us park for free after we checked out and went to the beach. Very economical stay!

Room Tip: Hint: The pool was located on the 5th floor and the odor of chlorine was strong on the hallway. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate the comments about our staff and service. I am glad we were able to accommodate your parking request. I hope you come to visit again if in Virginia Beach.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a great time staying at surf side! Loved going right out to the beach from the hotel. The rooms were very clean and maids were great! Surely was not disappointed by the upkeep that was done while we were out. The front desk staff was very helpful with the exception of one female whose name was unusual, and didn't seem very experienced. She was not very helpful and was a tad rude.That issue was resolved by another gentleman behind the desk. It was still a great experience for the family and had a great time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that your issue at the front desk was resolved. I am happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit when in Virginia Beach.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The employees there were amazing, all very friendly especially Devin, Derek, and Giovanni at the front desk, they were all very helpful and so kind, and Jordan was very helpful and kind at breakfast in the mornings, it was sad we had to leave, but we made sure we said goodbye to them all right before we left. The service was great! The view from the rooms was beautiful. The great thing about the location was that everyone was always out, and there's always stuff going on and plenty of places to walk around and shop! I would definitely come back next year!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your appreciation of our excellent service and wonderful staff. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit next year.
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came in 3 day earlier before our rental house was ready and booked 2 rooms. We arrived in a box van that did not fit in any parking space allowed for large vehicles, but a short walk the next block was ample parking provided by the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and the helpful. The maids were exceptional in providing extra towels and other necessary items. Only drawback was the slow elevators. Fortunately we were on the 3rd floor near the exit and only had to use the stairs instead of waiting. All in all, great location and clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Your satisfaction is very important to us and your constructive comments regarding the elevator speed will be used to help us continue to work on improvement in this area. Thank you for choosing our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

When you first drive up to this place, and enter the lobby and the hallways you will be thinking that is is a typical overpriced, bad beach hotel. But once you open the door you will be pleasantly surprised. The rooms are all redone and are very nice inside. The staff is friendly as well and the location is great. The place was always clean as well. I only saw a few downsides that prevent this place from receiving an excellent review. The first and worst is the elevators. They are VERY slow and it is a huge hassle. When it would get there it would be full. I am fine to walk 7 floor but not without my luggage. The hallways are not air conditioned and it is brutally hot, particularly when you are waiting 20 minutes for the elevator and I wish there were an outside pool. The breakfast was great and free. There is a store int he bottom of the hotel if you need beach supplies too. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We value the opinion of our guest and we apologize that you had a problem with the elevators during your stay. I apologize that the hallways are not air conditioned and your feedback will help us improve our property. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our hotel with our guest and hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.