“I would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #20 of 110 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
BOSTON, MA
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a great time here. The staff is very friendly, i wish all hotels had front desk staff like this. Everything seemed clean to me. The breakfast was decent - waffles, bagels, cream cheese, cereals, bread, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee. I had a room on the 2nd floor, so I didn't have to use the elevators. The rooms are very quiet, I had a family with 3 kids staying next to me and I never heard a peep. I loved that the balconies have solid walls between them, so that you have total privacy. The balconies are a good size also, with 2 chairs and a table and you don't hear any A/C noise. The A/C control was on the wall, I couldn't find it at first, it just had a low or high control, but it kept my room cool. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. Internet access was wonderful, I could even pick it up on the boardwalk, there is no computer terminal for guests to use. The location is good, not too quiet, not too busy. A great restaurant/bar is the Calypso, a very short walk (2 buildings down?). There is a fridge and microwave in the room also. The ice machines are on the 6 -8th floor, I wish there was one on the 1st or 3rd. My room was ready when upon arrival around 1:30. I had problems often with the room key card, you have to slide it through slowly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BIANCA12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel staff is very friendly, kind and helpful. The parking deck has a lot of parking and was very clean. We had a 2 room suit/king, everything was very clean, it was very spacious and exceeded our expectations. The elevators are super fast. The breakfast was perfect. The pool area was also very clean, plenty of chairs, towels. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was very quite.
2 Thank Lisa M
Farmville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great place to stay for the price. The rooms are very nice and the staff are amazing! We booked rooms with friends of ours and asked to be close to each other and we were one floor away from them! Made it very easy to communicate with our friends. We enjoyed the view from our balcony and the service was great! We didn't want to have our room cleaned but if we needed anything all we needed was to ask the cleaning staff in the hall!!

2 Thank Dogirl763
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We spent 4 nights during memorial day weekend. The staff were very nice. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The hallways are a little rundown looking. The view of the ocean was beautiful. The hotel is located away from the center of the boardwalk so it was relatively quiet.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put near the pool unless you have children.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorene H
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

During our stay at Oceanfront Inn and Suites, the staff proved to be very helpful in making our vacation comfortable. There was a group of us (family and friends), who had rented a suite and 3 other rooms and wanted to be on the same floor. The hotel staff made it possible for all of us to have rooms on the same floor. During our stay, the A/C unit broke in our suite. The management and maintenance went above and beyond to get the unit fixed and they generously adjusted our nightly cost, due to the inconvenience. If you want a nice oceanfront suite, super friendly staff and free continental breakfast , you might want to choose to stay here. Otherwise, you can choose to stay at one of the higher, upper class hotels who charge a weeks salary (for the average person), for a one night stay. Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites has proven to be a nice, affordable place to stay. All staff (front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and management), were great!

1 Thank 705amandaw13
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently spent one night at the Surfside. My friends were booked at a much more expensive hotel nearby, but when I was able to see the rooms, their expensive one was not any nicer than mine at the Surfside. Check-in was great, even fun, the people working there were very good and helpful. My room was clean, modern and had a good view of the ocean. I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for next time we are in Virginia Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank norskies
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel and the rooms are dirty. I had to call to request my room be cleaned as no one had come to do so for two days. When it was finally cleaned, the overflowing trash was left behind.
On my last morning, the cleaning person entered the room which had do not disturb signon the door without knocking.

When i checked in, I combined a 1 night stay reservation with previous reservation of 3 night stay for same room. I was called on the first morning to ask why I hadnt checked out. My day was disturbed as I had to wait for new key and parking pass to be delivered.

The "fitness center" consisted of 5 pieces of equipment, three of which were broken. This enclosed room had no AC. AC and toilet in my room fuinctioned sporadically.

There are so many choices in Virginia Beach. In fact, there are more reasonable choices that are far superior.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple