“Over Looking the Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Over Looking the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stay here on are way home from Mytrle Beach S.C. Was very please at this place.The staff was great. Locate of this place was great. Many eating places near the Inn.The front desk was very helpful to direct us to a place we had eat in Virgina Beach before. The staff was ask now your doing today. This was the maid staff as I pass them in the hall and told me have a good day

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The staff was great room was clean and well maintained good place to stay I will go back.
the staff was helpful with my questions and room was nice no problemsany were hope they keep up good work. The staffwas very friendly and was close to lot of good spots and like parking on site too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian P
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived late in the evening, after Erin at the front desk called to make sure we were still coming. We are glad she did because the hotel was fully booked. Our room was very nice, apparently had been recently renovated. It was clean, had fairly new furniture and the bed was very comfortable. All rooms are oceanfront, and the balcony is good sized. The staff was very kind, courteous and helpful. We had a corner room, which was very quiet and convenient for us. There is a decent restaurant seafood restaurant attached, only decent, but there are numerous other eateries nearby as well. Other than the slow elevators, we had no complaints. This hotel exceeded our expectations, and we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DBGoes
Smithfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for a "girlfriends weekend", and I think that this is a nice little place. The rooms have recently been renovated, and were very clean. The room is a bit small, but when you come to the beach, how much time do you really plan to spend in your room? The staff was very friendly. Other reviewers mentioned that the air conditioner didn't seem to cool very well. I can see why they said that, as the room was warm when I checked in, but I called down to the front desk, and they told me that the air runs from one central unit, but we could control how much comes into our room with the dial (settings off, hi, med, and lo) that was on the wall near the sink area. I like a cold room for sleeping, so I put it on hi, and got so cold I had to put it on low. I am thinking that the folks who complained about it being too hot didn't realize they could use the dial to get more air.
There is an indoor pool on the property, but I didn't get an opportunity to use it. There was a large high school group there during our stay, and they were in the pool most of the time, and as my friend and I were there to get away from our kids (and the noisiness they create), we didn't have any desire to be in there with their chaos. The pool closes at 10 pm. It would be awesome if they kept it open until midnight- for those 21 and up after 10 pm.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is my third year staying here and every year just gets better. The people that work here are so kind and helpful. The maid service was awsome. Love when you stay somewhere like this and everyone is so friendly. The frontdesk people were great. The room is always very nice and love the indoor pool. I will continue to stay here every year that I come for my girls weekend. Love the oceanfront view that you get. Located near great shopping and great places to eat. Will be back next year :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Real World Gal
kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We came to Virginia Beach to attend a sporting event. This hotel was just as good as any other beach front property we've seen. It's not a resort...it's not a condo. It's a hotel. We expected a hotel, and that's what we got. We stayed on the second floor, and we requested to be away from the elevator. They gave us a room at the end of the hall away from the elevator. It was quiet even though there were lots and lots of boys and their families in this hotel for the event.

The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. Sometimes it seemed a little warm in the room, so if it was hot, that might be an issue. Of course, I'm sure the air hadn't been used this season, so it might be fine once it gets going.

Breakfast was good...cereal, doughnuts, muffins, fruit, yogurt, waffles, juice, etc. The only suggestion I had was that I wish there had been some type of protein (eggs, bacon, etc.,) but the breakfast was good and there was plenty for everyone. They opened up a large room to accommodate all of the athletes needing to eat breakfast at about the same time.

The staff was nice, and they always spoke to us in the hallways, elevator, etc.

All in all we liked the hotel. As others have said, it's not a new place. But, we felt it was worth what we paid, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elkridge, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 for the US Finals Cheer Competition. My organization booked a block of rooms but upon check in our rooms were spread out among 6 floors - not very convenient and not what we asked for. The toilet in my room did not always flush and after 2 visits from maintenance I was told to flush easier and make sure my kids (age 9, 9, 12) let me flush for them. Really?? One of the families had to move rooms twice due to black mold. The elevators were extremely slow.
Our room was clean but it was small. There was quite a bit of peeling paint in the bathroom - to the point there were paint peelings on the floor. One morning housekeeping did not make up our beds because there were a few pieces of clothing and a bag on the bed. A note was left stating that was why the beds were not made up. I have never had that happen in any other hotel.
The front desk staff was very nice and friendly. Breakfast was decent - bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal.
The hotel is old and is dire need of upgrades and renovations. I will not be returning. At $160 per night it was not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family