Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had plans to stay next door but that motel was in bad need of rennovations. The front desk clerk, Devin, at Surfside was pleasant and informative. Nice front drive and lobby area. The room was clean and had updated furniture. Great view, being oceanfront. We did not use the continental breakfast service. The beds, (mattresses), are fairly new I would say. Bed was soft, but not too soft and it was a good night sleep! Covered parking was nice. Part of our stay it rained. Housekeeping keeps rooms very clean. Only negatives are the hallways look very old and dated, but they are very well lit. As you enter hallway from parking deck I think a glass door so that you can see into the hallway, (safety concern), instead of a solid door would be better. We arrived very late at night and I was a little hesitant to open the door not knowing who could be on the other side. We did not use pool.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you check-in if you have never stayed in the hotel/motel before. Brochures...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I notice the new painted room that I was in and I also was surprised to see a new flat screen TV! Management followed up on my unfortunate incident with the iron in my room. Thank you!

I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My niece found a coupon for this hotel and we had no dea what to expect. The deal was that good and the in-season rates we saw online seemed really reasonable, too. We arrived at night and weren't too impressed with the outside or the parking garage. The lobby area and the entrance were bright and clean and the entry area was unusually nice and interesting. That made us think we made a good choice. The people at the front desk were friendly, professional, more than usually helpful and very quick to provide anything extra we asked for. The hallway showed some use as a beach hotel (which wasn't surprising or disappointing) and everything worked really well. A lot of more expensive hotels have elevators that are a bit scary to ride on but these sounded really well maintained. When we got to our room, there were lots of towels, very comfortable beds (one was more comfortable than the other, for some reason), and the bathroom sparkled. The whole room was clean, the coffemaker worked and had decent coffee, and the TV had a good picture. All that alone would have been worth more than we paid for the room. Then we discover the nice sized balcony with a great view of the colored light displays up and down the boardwalk and the wonderful view of the ocean!
We went exploring a little later and found a good sized indoor pool on the 5th floor, a breakfast area for their continental breakfast, and more fun parts aout the entry. The entry was as large as the reception area, had a koi pond, lots of pretty greenery, and had a center display of 3 salt water acquariums. One had a huge eel that fascinated all of us! One extra that we really liked was that the lobby had a juice machine beside the coffee. My niece's kids loved not having to wait for breakfast to get juice!
The breakfast is advertised to start at 6:30 AM and it was open then, with most of the breakfast food out. Waffles to make yourself were advertised, though, and when they didn't show up, I asked about them. A phone call and a few minutes later and it was all ready to go. The waffles were delicious! One of the posted rules is that no food can be taken to your room, which I usually like to do, especially to take to any kids in the family. Not a negative against the hotel - just something to be aware of.
There was a security guard on duty through the night and day and I saw him walking the halls and parking garage. I was glad to see that he was out and about, not just looking at a monitor.
When it was close to checkout time we had no problem getting an extra hour to check out. When that wasn't quite enough time, I called and said we weren't quite ready. They told me not to worry about it and for us to take out time. I'm sure some of their ability to be flexible was due to it being off season and having lots of vacant rooms. I'm glad they let that be a factor.
Across from the hotel is one of my favorite restaurant/bars - the Raven - which was a great surprise! It was one of the restaurants recommended by the hotel, too, and we had a delicious meal there.
The rating part had "spa" so I used that o rate the pool area.

Room Tip: I'd suggest getting a room on a higher level, if you don't mind heights, if you go during th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. Our staff is known for their excellent customer service and I will let them know it was recognized and appreciated. I am glad we were able to accommodate your late check out request, and we could provide you with a wonderful experience at the Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites. We look forward to your return visit when in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My 13 year old son and I took a day away from routine to bike through First Landing State Park and enjoy an evening at a oceanfront hotel. It was a perfect winter day - cool but plenty of sunshine. The Surfside was inexpensive and had all the attractions a 13 yr old boy loves - exercise room, pool and free continental breakfast. We also found the staff to be very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am glad you and your son had an enjoyable day biking. We are glad you chose the Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites for your hotel and were able to use the exercise room and pool. Also, glad you could enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. We look forward to your visit the next time you and your son plan some time away from your normal routine.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Most comfortable bed for a $100/night hotel. New renovations make the rooms cozy and comfortable. Would absolutely stay again and recommend! All ocean front rooms make for a nice getaway with great views. Holiday lights tour was a bonus! Clean room and bathroom, no complaints what so ever!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during this holiday season. We look forward to your return visit the next time you are in Virginia Beach. The staff at Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites wishes you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Me & my wife was stayed at Surfside hotel on 11/23/12 on a cold windy night. We were impresed by the room cleanness, the blasting heater, comfort of the queen bed, breakfast service, & outstanding front desk customer service. Thank you very much we will see you again soon. ***Excellence Through Customer Satisfaction***.
Customers from Washington DC.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I will let the front desk know you were pleased with their great customer service skills. We look forward to your return visit with us at the Surfside Oceanfront Inn and Suites. Have a very happy holiday season.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed in teh hotel for two nights the 13th and 14th of December. The staff was very friendly an accomodating to us. The rooms could use some updating but not bad, you could feel the cold air coming in through the balcony door. The view is great. We also attended a company Christmas party at the property which I thought was very well prepared. I would stay at this establishment again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. Your comments help us improve our hotel. I will let the staff know that they were very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Virginia Beach.