“Friendly staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed in teh hotel for two nights the 13th and 14th of December. The staff was very friendly an accomodating to us. The rooms could use some updating but not bad, you could feel the cold air coming in through the balcony door. The view is great. We also attended a company Christmas party at the property which I thought was very well prepared. I would stay at this establishment again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. Your comments help us improve our hotel. I will let the staff know that they were very friendly and accommodating. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Virginia Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is our 9th year holding our Company Christmas Party at Surfside Oceanfront Inn & Suites with Fishbones catering. I must say... every year outshines the previous year. Fantastic staff, rooms, service etc.etc.

Thank you!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that each year gets better. We look forward to hosting your 10th Christmas Party next year.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was on a winter business trip stayed at this hotel and the room was clean and quiet. The heater/a/c was old but worked well enough. The breakfast was somewhat minamal but it did have fresh made waffles, great coffee and fresh fruit. Although I did not usse the fitness room those that did said it was pretty nice. Would stay again even if it is for pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. We are delighted you stayed with us and look forward to your return visit next time you are in Virginia Beach.
leonardtown
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Kay Parker and her staff are highly recommended, customer service was outstanding second to none) Hospitality room was perfect and the staff were always helpful. I would highly recommend the Surfside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I will let the staff know how much their excellent customer service skills were appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel met your expectations. We look forward to your return visit.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I made reservations and had to cancel. There was a young guy who was very rude and threatened to make charges to my credit card because he stated that I did not cancel my reservation and that he was going to charge the first full night to my card. I tried to explain that I did in fact cancel and had two confirmation emails to prove it. He kept speaking over me and then refused to give me the managers name to contact. After being adamant that I wanted to know who the manager was to contact I finally got a name and called her the very next day and she informed me of the computer glitch and resolved the situation nicely. Whomever this young guy is needs to be terminated for making threats with a customers credit card. Very unprofessional!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lionhearted123
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize that you were treated rudely by one of our staff members. We will have a meeting with the front desk staff regarding this situation. I am glad that a manager was able to correct the situation to your satisfaction. Hopefully, you will return to our hotel when traveling to Virginia Beach. We have always been noticed for our excellent customer service skills. Once again, I apologize.
Palm, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Surfside. Room was nice, little on the small side, but clean. The AC unit in 703 wasn't the coolest. I'd hate to be in there in August. Nice balcony and great view of the ocean. Indoor pool was ok, could use a whirlpool though. Breakfast was standard motel fare. Couldn't beat the price and the staff was friendly. We would go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our property. I will let the staff know that their friendliness was noticed by our guest. We look forward to your return visit.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at the Surfside Inn during the Neptune Festival. The location on the boardwalk was awesome. The room was rather plain, but comfortable. It is not the fanciest place on the beach, but I do feel it was a good value for the money. The staff was excellent and everyone we dealt with were extremely friendly. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but was sufficient to get the day started. I am definitely planning to use them again if I return to VA Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kay P, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay. I will let the staff know that are being complimented on their excellent customer service skills. We look forward to your return if visiting Virginia Beach.