My husband and I decided last minute to go away to VA beach for Labor Day weekend. There were not a lot of choices left for places on the beach to stay. I saw the negative reviews on here for the Dolphin Inn, but saw negative reviews for other places... so I take everything with a grain of salt. We got in late Friday night and stayed until Monday morning. The staff was very kind when we arrived. Parking was tight, but we managed to find a spot. (I wouldn't recommend a big truck). We got a "2 balcony" suite. This meant that the room was located on the south end of the building, and there was a balcony facing the ocean, and a balcony facing Atlantic ave. I thought "this is great" - until I realized one bummer of a fact..... the bedroom was on the Atlantic ave. side and there was a large Metal Halide floodlight that illuminated the side of the building to highlight the building (it was not for the parking lot). This shined right in our window and the drapery did not cut it all out - so the room was very bright. Additionally, the Dolphin Inn is almost directly across from a nightclub on Atlantic Ave. that was very loud until 2:00 AM. If we would have had kids in the room, it really would have been an issue, but it was just the two of us, and we were tired, so.. whatever. However, that being said - the next two nights, we chose to sleep on the pullout in the other room so we could be on the ocean side and avoid the lights and noise of Atlantic Ave. It would have been nice if Mgmt. would turn off the large Metal Halide lights after - say 11:00 PM? In regard to cleanliness - it was clean. I did not see any bugs. The shower had a few faded mildew spots, but not bad. The carpet looked new. The couch did not have any stains - until I turned over a cushion...lol then I saw a couple. The pullout bed was clean. It would have been nice if out on the ocean side balcony if the hot air exhaust for the a/c didn't blow directly onto the balcony. We blocked it with a chair and cushions it was uncomfortable. The Atlantic ave. balcony was nice to watch the concert out of, albeit with a light in your face a little. FYI - if you don't get the dual balcony room, the light is not an issue, it is blocked by another wall. The location is in a very busy section of VA beach, there is big public parking lot nearby, so it was crowded at the beach. But all good for us as we were close to the concerts, which was a big part of our decision. Overall - it was clean enough, it was convenient to concerts and the staff was friendly. If you are expecting something fancy - it is not for you. If you are looking for average - it is perfect. Hence my 3 stars...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Comfort Right on the Beach! This Virginia Beach, boutique hotel offers you and your family uncomplicated and uncompromised comfort and warm hospitality at a truly great value. Located at the very heart of the 3-mile long boardwalk, this all suite, all oceanfront property provides space and amenities at an unbeatable location. The Dolphin Inn is the perfect place to experience your special Virginia Beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Dolphin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Hotel Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Virginia Beach
- Dolphin Inn Virginia Beach Va